Fergason and romaro | Teen Ink

Fergason and romaro

By Puppylover22 BRONZE, Evergreen, Colorado
Puppylover22 BRONZE, Evergreen, Colorado

You've got brains in your head feet in your shoes, you can stear yourself any direction you choose

-DR SUESS

The sun shone through the clean new windows its rays dancing on the  highly polished floors, as a furry black heap scurried across the floor.
“Here Scruffy, here boy” bellowed a deep voice from across the room. Fergason stumbled across the room and scooped his pet into his arms. Fergasons hair was sleek and black with small strips of grey that was all neatly combed down. Fergason plopped down onto  his couch, sticking scruffy into his lap.He was enjoying his sunday like any other handlebar moustache would. Watching the news with his pet beard, Scruffy, nuzzling into his lap.  he munched on his egg omelet and sipped from a small glass of orange juice.
  All of the sudden the doorbell echoed through the house. Fergason gruffly lifted himself off of the couch  making Scruffy roll onto the floor. He stumbled over to the door and peeked  through the little eye hole on the door to see who was standing outside.
  It was a younger moustache,  his hair greasy and hazelnut colored with his arms dangling by his sides. Fergason knew  this young man and he did not like him.
“GO AWAY” he shouted in a gruff and angry tone.
“But Fergason, its me Romaro, you know, the italian moustache who lives a few houses down the block. I live with my grandmother her  house is the one with all the pinwheels in the front Yard, You know?” Exclaimed Romaro.
“ I know you, so what do you want?” hissed Fergason.
“Oh well I was wondering if umm.................. I could borrow a tuft of hair” questioned Romaro.
“What! What do you want a tuft of an old balding moustaches hair for?” snapped Fergason getting ready to storm off to his room and lock himself in it. “Go run outside!”
“But Fergason, it’s too sunny outside and I am getting hot” piped Romaro.
Hmmmm Fergason had  an idea. Fergason croaked “Why....um.. dont....um..... you ....go....go ...find.... mother nature.... and ask... her to... make it.....umm...  make.. it... rain...”
“Good idea Fergason, but how would I find mother nature?” sang Romaro.
“Well......um... you can either.......um.. dig...... a giant.......um... hole... or  go.... into...um.. the forest calling..... her..um...name.” bellowed Fergason.
“Well there are no forests around here, so Fergason can I have a shovel.” asked Romaro. Fergason scurried off with Scruffy at his heels. He came back with a small gardening shovel, and thrust it through the mail slot to Romaro. Romaro scooped it up, thanked Fergason, and then skipped off to find a place to dig. He began digging as soon as he found one.
About five hours later, Fergason began to wonder where Romaro went. Surely he would have given up by now. Fergason pried open the door and ran outside yelling Romaros name. Unfortunately, Romaro was already seven feet underground and could not hear anything. Fergason  looked around his front lawn and saw a giant hole with a pile of dirt on its side. “That little rascal!” he cried.
He began walking closer to the hole  and noticed Romaro hunched over, covered in dirt and small beads of sweat. Fergason leaned  over to get a closer look. Romaro happily looked up.
“Oh Fergason, have you come to help me dig?” Romaro exclaimed.
“No” Fergason grumbled. He stood there his hands on his furry black hips and his eyes pinched together showing small blue slits of eye.
“Hey Fergason what is in your hair?” Romaro pointed out. Fergason looked at his greasy black hair and noticed small bits of egg stuck in it from breakfast. He heard a shrill call from a tree near by. Ugly black unibrows sat perched on the trees branches. They call out more shrill cries as they got ready to steal those bits of egg.
The unibrows leaped off the branches and began to circle from high above in the sky. They fought and got ready to swoop down and grab the food. Then, all of a sudden the biggest, most ugly unibrow swooped down and wrestled Fergason into the deep hole. The unibrow snatched  at bits of egg as he and Fergason fell. Just before  they hit the ground, the unibrow pulled up, Fergason was not as lucky. He landed on Romaro  making a deafening crack that echoed through the hole.
  “Ah my back” shouted Fergason as he stood up. Immediately, he began attempting to get out. At first he tried digging his feet into the walls then climbing out (he fell). Meanwhile Romaro was still digging and the unibrows were still circling high above. Fergason bawled like a newborn calf trying to get someones attention, but nobody came. Fergason attempted to jump and grab one of the snarling unibrows feet. He even did grab the foot of one  but it bit him and he fell the bottom of the deep hole (again). He even tried ripping out his hair and tying it together to make a rope, but he stopped because of the pain.
  “Got it” Romaro panted,  but Fergason didnt care what Romaro  was talking about.Fergason yelled causing Romaro to completely stop his digging.
“How are we supposed to get out of this hole?” moaned Fergason.
“Didnt you hear me say got it?  While you were screaming I was digging a ladder into the wall so we could get out.”giggled Romaro. Fergason reached for the wall and climbed out on the ladder with a thick wide smile on his face. Romaro followed right behind him.
“I’m sorry Romaro, I should have asked you if you had a way to get out” called Fergason.
“It’s okay”Romaro claimed “can we still be friends?”
“Yes” laughed Fergason losing his gruff tone. They stayed friends forever.

I love moustaches, though I wrote this whan I was younger,  think it still rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences