My Fairy Goddess | Teen Ink

My Fairy Goddess

September 25, 2014
By ThatGirlJordan BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
ThatGirlJordan BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Last night was the craziest night of my life . It all happened so fast and was so terrifying that i don't even know where to start.

 

Hello my name is Alice Esther , i am 15 and this is my story. The day started off ordinary.School then straight to my part time job at the library.

 

A man came through the wooden doors. He was as round as he was tall. With silver curly hair and a thick mustache that matched in color. Approaching the help desk he asked for help finding books on egyptology. As i showed him the section, we checked the length on the subject.Studying egyptian folklore is a hobby of mine i told him. Then i went on to help another person.

 

Later on as i was locking up i noticed a box near the drop bin. It was cardboard with holes along the sides and top.There was a blue envelope with my name and and the eye of horase sign attached. I opened it and pulled out the card. " From one enthusiest to another" was all it said. Slowly i opened the box and out popped a small black kitten, she had a blue jeweled collar with an ankkah pendent and the bluest eyes i'd ever seen. To my surprise my parents let me keep her. I fell asleep to her purring next to me .

 

     The Room started shaking, crashing noises all around. I open my eyes to flashes of light dancing on a wall.The air was musty and smelled of sulfur. I tried to focus and figure out where i was and what was going on. I saw torches lighting the way through a system of tunnels. i heard talking in the distance. It wasn't english but somehow i understood it, they were looking for me but why ?

      A series of emotions ran through me. scared, confused, annoyed, and angry. I started to panic and felt a warm furry animal purring at my leg. It was my cat!
    

  As i bent to pick her up two men came into view. One looked like a bigger version of the rock but his skin was all red. The other was a human body with the head of a goat. It had a ankah dangling from its ear. They came towards me. The next thing i know there is a strange whistle like noise that made them both stop and cover their ears. There was a bright flash of light and the cat leapt into the air and transformed into cat woman or something like her. She had a human size feline head with those piercing blue eyes, fingers with claws on the tips and a human body that could contortion itself like a cat. She jumped at them with a forceful grace knocking goat man to the ground. She spun around kicking the rock into a wall. PUNCH, CRACK, HISS, BANG, BAM, as punches were thrown, legs were swept and dust was kicked up. Cat scratched and fought them into a retreat. They ran down a tunnel and disappeared.
     

  Cat turned to me and touched her pendent, It started to glow. ZAP! POP! ZZZ and we are back in my room, i thought i had a nightmare.
       

I looked down and to a surprise there was cat sitting on my bed. She said " You are reincarnation of isis". Before you're 18th birthday you will meet up with the reincarnations of osiris, horus, and annubis. Together you will defeat the legion of set, and stopping the worlds plunge into the red lands. It is your destiny. I am here to protect you from enemies , train you in fighting technics and serve you until that time.
       

Are you crazy ? Isis? Really? Do you know how crazy that is? i asked. As crazy as you arguing with a 5ft 6in cat?" she asked. I will always be here for you as long as you need me just like... Nany mcphee? I blurted , who ? Nevermind she said. A fairy godmother i said. After pondering a moment she said yes alice like a fairy goddess. Then she shrank down to kitten form curled up in a ball and went to sleep!