The Stone of Crystal Cavern | Teen Ink

The Stone of Crystal Cavern

By lazychicken BRONZE, Toronto, Other
lazychicken BRONZE, Toronto, Other

practice makes permanent

It was a Friday evening and I was waiting for Brian to come over. I looked at my watch. It was 8:20pm. “Hurry up” I said to myself. Ten minutes later Brian rushed into my house. He stood there panting like a dog. Brian is 5’6” with short brown hair. Standing behind him was Emma. She is 5’7” with shoulder length red hair. “You gotta hear what Brian wants us to do” she said almost laughing. “Its not funny” Brian said defensively. Just then, my mom and dad walked to the door with suitcases in hand “Honey, me and your father are going to the cottage as you already know” my Mom said. “Oh, and no parties” my Dad added.

After Brian told us how he found the map and where we had to go, Emma and I stared at him like he was crazy “ You what us to go on a scavenger hunt with you” she asked, “No, it’s a treasure hunt” Brian exclaimed, “there is a difference”. “Whatever” I added. “You really got to stop playing World of Warcraft” Emma said. Brian sat on my Dad’s chair obviously thinking of how to convince us. “ If we go on this hunt and we don’t find the rock I have to do any dare you tell me” Brian said. “DEAL”, we both said at once. “Great, my house 12:00 pm tomorrow” Brian said before leaving.

The next day Emma, Brian and I were walking down the beach “There!” Brain said pointing at a small hole in cliff. When we finally managed to wriggle in the hole, we found a small cave just tall enough for us to stand. Brian walked up to a rock on the wall and pushed on it. There was a rumble then a piece of rock the size of a door, slid open. “How…. did you just….” Emma asked. “I’m special” Brain said. “Yay in all the wrong ways” I added. Brian gave me a look then led us down a hall with pictures of skulls on the walls. At the end of the hall was a chamber with moss and body parts hanging from the celling “Oh my god” I said about to puke. After a silence, Brian said “We should split up”. We all went down different halls. I had walked about 20 feet, when I heard Emma scream. I ran back into the chamber I came from and into the hall Emma went into with Brian hot on my heels.

Brian and I ran down the hall towards Emma’s screaming. As we burst into the chamber we saw she was screaming at a small spider on the floor, not the dead people hanging on the walls. I walked up and stepped on the spider. The second I did Emma passed out. “Emma?” I asked, as she lay on the floor. Then Brian started to roll around laughing. “Brian” I scolded but soon I was laughing too.

After Brian and I calmed down, Emma woke up. “What happened” she asked confused as she got up. I was about to reply, when the floor opened up and we fell toward a pit of snakes. As we fell I yelled “I HATE SNAKES” then we hit something solid and I thought I was dead until Emma shook my shoulder, I looked up to see that the walls were solid diamonds and at the far side of a glass panel was a football sized stone that glowed pink.

We all stood around looking at the stone in amazement. Then some mystical force made us reach out and touch the stone. I woke up in my house feeling dizzy. Emma and Brian were already up looking just as confused. “How did we….” I started to ask. “I don’t know” Emma said. Then as if shocked, Brian sat up straight. “We have to leave” he said. “What” I said. “GOOO” he replied. We ran out of the house just as it exploded. Then out of the rubble rose a giant robot. It seemed to focus on us than started to walk. “Stop” Brian yelled at it the robot. Immediately it stopped in place and said, “Yes my lord?” “Um… who sent you and why” Brian asked “Victor Parsons, he sent me to retrieve your power” said the robot. “What power” Brian asked the robot. The robot pointing at Emma said “invisibility”. The robot then pointed to Brian “control over electronics” and then he pointed at me “fire wielder”. “Cool” said Brian. “Shut up” said Emma and me at the same time. “Can you take us to him, I want revenge for my house” I said. “Hop on” said the robot. On the way to Victors’ house, Emma and I worked on our powers till we had almost mastered them.

When we got to Victors house, turrets (fire throwing robots) were firing which made the robot’s flying mechanics go haywire. “ Looks like its an air drop”, the robot said. Then, before we could respond, the robot ejected us. When we hit the ground foot solders, with assault rifles attacked us. Emma and Brian took care of the first few. Emma turned invisible and caused mass panic which resulted in lots of friendly fire and Brian turned the turrets against the solders which caused even more panic. By the time I hauled my self to my feet it was too late. All the solders were laying on the ground. “ Thanks for the help” Emma said jokingly, “ Didn’t look like you needed it” I said.

We ran towards the building and up the stairs to Victor Parsons office. When we reached it, he was waiting for us. “Well hello children” he said. “We are here to get revenge for my house and the fact you tried to kill us” I yelled. “Well” he said, “I would like to see you try”. When he stood up, I wish I hadn’t talked. He was 8’2” and weighed around 500 pounds, all muscle, Hhis black hair was greased back and he had a scar running from his forehead to his chin. He smiled coldly, and smashed the ground with his fists. A crack opened up and snaked towards me. I jumped aside, and throw a fireball at his head. Emma turned invisible and throw things from around the room at Victor. Brian used all the electrical things to maul Victor. Even a toaster was getting in on the action.

Soon Victor was laying face first on the ground all burnt and bruised. “Mercy” he yelled, “I will give you anything you want” . “Good” I said, “50 million each, a brand new house with a dog named Banjo and a free ride home”. “For sure!” he said.

The taxi dropped me off at my front door. The new house was bigger than before. I heard a dog bark from inside and I saw and envelope in the mailbox. I opened it and saw a 50 million dollar pre paid Visa card “Alright” I said. Just then, my Mom and Dad pulled up in the car. “We came back because your Dad broke his arm…why does the house look different and when did we get a dog?” my Mom asked confused.