I am, the Corndog Queen. | Teen Ink

I am, the Corndog Queen.

By hashpotate SILVER, Montoursville, Pennsylvania
hashpotate SILVER, Montoursville, Pennsylvania

"Whisper a dangerous secret to someone you care about. Now they have the power to destroy you, but they won't. This is what love is." - Cecil Baldwin

My kingdom is made of teepee sticks, and for the covering we use buns. Not corn bread, buns. My corndog folk live in small villages around my castle, where I, the corndog queen, reigns ultimate supreme. It is. Nothing goes wrong- Well. Except for the... The 'Magician'... The magician comes out at night, when all the cornfolk are in slumber.. And wrecks extreme havoc, fires.. everywhere.. I don't think I can get the smell of roasted weeniers out of my nostrils ever again. I was the corndog queen. With the villages in danger, I didn't know what to do. The love of my life was a poor servant in the villages, the most handsome corndog I've ever seen. I was going to send a horseman out to fetch him in a carriage, but when the horseman came back, I received the most terrible of news. My corndog love, was dead. They found a stick in a puddle of ketchup in his own package. I couldn't believe it, they killed MY love in his own SLEEP! I couldn't bear it. I went out, to go find the terrible being who had done this, horrendous deed. I found this small glitter pile, smelling of sweets and bread.

I searched through the lands of dog, sending my hounds out, searching for a trace, a scent, that was the one of the glitter pile. I was on my own, one day. With only a sharpened stick for battle, and some armour. A hound leading my way, just a single hound, so fast, I glanced around at a sharp crack behind me, only to whip around at the sound of a yelp. The hound, was gone. Replaced with a small splatter of ketchup. I sobbed and screamed out for the one who had done this, the murderer of my love, but no reply came. Except for the echo of my own voice. I started running, at this point, tears blocking my vision. I stopped only when I came to a clearing, a house made of fine oak, towering over me with such power and dark energy, I went in. It was so dark, I could barely see my own hand in front of my face.
I climbed these stairs that went up, and up, and up. I got to the top, there was only one room, as I approached it this faint breeze whistled over my shoulder, and I looked over. It was too dark to see anything, but it was worth a shot anyways. I went up and opened the door up, there was a single candle, illuminating seven dark figures around a room. They floated just above the ground, in dark cloaks. My voice was choked in my throat, it hurt to swallow, not that I could anyways. I could barely breathe, the air so thick in the room. I uttered one scream, one lonely, soul ripping scream, and then my world went dark. Spinning from my grip, The kingdom never found it's queen, or the hound. But one day, precisely seven days, after the disappearance, a swirled, carved stick was found in the center of the village, plunged into the ground. Dirty and grimy, but with a fine, golden crown, tipped upon its gnarled tops.
The End.

I was talking to my friend about corndogs and as I went I made this.