The Hunt part 3 | Teen Ink

The Hunt part 3

April 25, 2014
By Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other
Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other
15 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Imagination is moreimportant than knowledge."- Albert Einstein
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."- Harold R.McAlindon


Jake doesn’t answer that, or any other questions after that. He stays quiet for the rest of the journey. We take a train to the airport in New York, where we take a bumpy ride to San Francisco. During the flight Jake tells me more about who he is. He grew up with his mother until he was 14, but then the Hazards caught up with them. He has been living the same life as me, moving from states. He has even moved to Europe, but he only stayed there a few years.
”The amount of Hazards was too much. I would never have survived there.”
He tells me the sad story of how he lost his mother.

It did not happen the same way as for me. Hazards had barged into his home when he was living in New York. He had just come home from school, when he heard strange voices in the living room. He had of course ran for the room. But when he came there he wished he never looked. His mother was tied to a chair with her hands behind her and she was gagged with a cloth. Jake heard a mans’ voice behind him. He turned around and faced a man who looked nowhere near friendly. His mother was struggling, like she tried to tell Jake something. But it was not run. But Jake could barely hear her. All he could hear was this mans’ voice. But the strange part was that the man had not moved his mouth. That is when Jake found out he could read thoughts. He did not know how to control it, he could not stop hearing the mans’ thought and he had no idea how he even could hear his thoughts to begin with. The man stretched out his hand, but somehow through his frozen moment, Jake dogged the move.
“Don’t worry boy, I am not going to hurt you.”
“Just like you didn't hurt my mother?”
“She is not hurt, just restrained.”
Something made Jake doubtful about trusting this man, maybe the fact that his mother is tied to a chair. The mans’ voice had stopped in Jakes’ head, and now he has no idea how to turn it on again.
“Please let her go.”
“How about this. If I let her go you come with me. Fair deal?”
Jakes’ mom was struggling more now.
“Fine. But promise she won’t get hurt."
"I promise.” The boy has no idea she will die the moment Nasgahr gets his hands on him.
“You’re lying.”
“What do you mean?”
“You’re not going to let her live. You’re going to kill her!”
“You are a fool if you don’t come with me.”
“You lied!”
“I don’t have time for this.” The man had shot Jakes’ mom, a bullet straight through her head.
“NO!”
Jake had been in a state of despair where he was too stunned to do anything. Then the man had launched straight towards him. Without knowing what or how it happened, Jake had turned invisible. The man had looked everywhere in the house for him, even though Jake was right in front of him. The man had been so furious he had transformed, into a Hazard. The Hazard had a rough skin, it had no hair and it’s legs and arms were long and slim as sticks. Jake had no idea what to do but run. He looked once at his mom, then ran. He never looked back.

The plane shakes and the captain says it is just a small turbulence in the way. I look straight at Jake. Just for a split second I see the scared 14 year old boy.


The author's comments:
"He never looked back"