Vampire | Teen Ink

Vampire

May 4, 2014
By LunaStubbs SILVER, Maryville, Tennessee
LunaStubbs SILVER, Maryville, Tennessee
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, and today is a gift... that's why it's called the present."- Kung Fu Panda


Thomas closed his eyes only for a minute, letting his fatigue from his illness overtake him. When he opened his eyes, he saw nothing but darkness. He heard his mother crying and a priest chanting in Latin- of which he understood- “Oh Lord, let Thomas Conner enter Thy heavenly city! For it was not his sins that caused his untimely passing.”
‘Wait! I’m dead? How can I be?’ he thought rapidly. The crying faded into the distance; a heavy slam followed by silence sounded. The young man opened his coffin and looked around.
“I wish I had some light.” Suddenly, a torch lit the crypt! Thomas carefully climbed out of the coffin and decided he was extremely thirsty. This thirst he had never felt before, and it needed to be sated immediately.
Pushing open the mausoleum’s door with ease, he stepped out into the night to begin the hunt. What was he hunting for? ‘Blood, fresh blood’ his body responded. As quickly as he recognized the fact that he was dead, his mind began to change; it was no longer the mind of a sweet, young man but that of a hunter, ruthless, cunning, and blood thirsty.
‘I must find blood,” muttered Thomas as he hopped a fence in his burial suit. The path he was taking was familiar. Ah! This was the way to his family’s house. “Perfect!” he exclaimed as he spotted a few women and men lounging in chairs outside.
He wanted to terrify them before slaughtering the group in his crazed thirst. Thomas leapt from the bushes as a giant, black furred, red eyed wolf. Letting out a monstrous howl, he rushed towards the humans. “It’s a Grim!” some men yelled as they ran into the house, locking the doors behind them.
“SILENCE!!” shouted Thomas, now human. His eyes- once blue, now fiery red- glowed in the darkness. “Thomas? You’re…” “Supposed to be dead? No,” he chuckled, “I’m undead.” A man quickly whipped out a pistol and fired three times!
Thomas let out an angry snarl and quickly turned into a black panther! “HOW DARE YOU, YOU BASTARD!” roared the vampire. He quickly sank his long fangs into the man’s
neck, sending blood spraying everywhere. The women were huddled together, whimpering at
the sight of core.
Standing up with a satisfactory sigh, he turned to the women and asked, “Who shall be
my eternal bride?” Yet, before Thomas could make a move, the rooster crowed, signaling
dawn’s approach.
The ungodly creature turned from the women and ran back to his coffin. The only stop
he made was to hide from a circus caravan that was advertising COME AND SEE A REAL
WEREWOLF. Little did Thomas know how this werewolf would be intertwined with his fate.


The author's comments:
I always wanted to do a vampire/werewolf love story, but do it in a way that stays true to the vampire and werewolf mythologies.