Shadow | Teen Ink

Shadow

April 8, 2014
By Kablamtastic BRONZE, Hammond, Indiana
Kablamtastic BRONZE, Hammond, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

This is Jonny Wonders personal journal and I found it on the floor in the scene, let’s check it out. “I don’t belong here, there is no reason for me to be here I am innocent and have proven innocent so what is the reason why I’m in a mental institute when I even took a test and passed. They treat me like one of “them” criminals and I’m clearly not one of them I have been minding my own business and doing right and staying away from the wrong and this is how the world treats me with how I have treated who has been around me. This is the most idiotic thing ever I’m just alone and keep things to myself I talk to no one, hints the reason why I am a scientist, hints the reason why I am alone, hints the reason why I talk to nobody to keep to myself and next thing you know I get called on for being disruptive because of an “accident” in my lab, and then I went to jail and now I am in a mental institute oh how life is just fantastic.”
The Incident

My laboratory is my life, it makes me feel like I’m at home again, and it makes me bring out my creativity like no other. It makes me so happy except for the incident where I turned my self into a monster and my life changed forever. See no one understands me I was an outcast in high school and people thought I was socially awkward. So did my family, they sent me to a therapist not once but five times. Life as a teenager was horrible, I got into arguments with anyone who wanted to listen to me and when they did listen to me they disagreed with what I had to say. I was always mad and made no one happy. I eventually moved out at the age of eighteen, went to college for two years and became an independent scientist. So I tried something new I tried to make an ego of myself and one of the chemicals gave me an allergic reaction and my chemicals mixed together and a gas formed and covered my whole lab. I couldn’t breathe and glass was shattering because I was struggling, gasping for air except it wasn’t the chemicals it was another being.
The One

I woke up looking at the ceiling of my laboratory and all I see is destruction done to this place I nearly started to cry until I saw this eight foot monster hovering over my body and then I saw three pointed colored tips on the end of his parted hair style, five pointed fingers on his hands and a red face on his shirt, he a white jacket on over the shirt, he had white eyes that changed depending on the color of the light. It was… me! As I look forward I saw a mirror and in that mirror was a different man I jump up in excitement and yell the experiment worked but I only did that in my mind as only I couldn’t move that wasn’t me looking in the mirror it was Shadow. I’m not like this I don’t dress like this and I don’t talk like this this is not Jonny Wonders this is someone the world hasn’t seen. But the world needs to see. Maybe I can change the way people are and stop what I want and begin a new era of this world. This era will be called Hope. I call it hope because that’s exactly what is lost in this world and it needs to be fixed no one can think like me but maybe they’ll understand me for who I am, what I believe, and what I could do.
Sirens

As I start thinking how I’m going to cause change I hear these sounds and it nearly made my ear drums explode it was horrible. It sounded like chalk on the board, forks on the plates, and bells going off. It was excruciating pain it was worse than my child hood. It came closer and closer I couldn’t stand it so I jumped out my only window and landed on both feet and rolled and sprinted away from the sound as fast as I could I ran so fast it seemed like everything around me stopped and that’s exactly what happened everything around me stopped but I wasn’t shocked because of what has happened so far so I kept going until it finally stopped. I try to go back but so did the sirens they were at my lab I think somebody called for complaints or maybe they feel like something illegal happened either way I’m not going back but wait my journal is there, I guess I’ll continue on my phone.
The Beginning

So far I have figured out that I can run so fast that time stops, I can nearly fly with my jumping ability, and my weakness is screechy sounds. I hate to say it but bad times may never last but I realized bad guys do. They never go away and I promise I won’t go away, whoever finds this, tell my family to say good bye to Jonny Wonder and say hello to Shadow I’m sick of how the society looks at me so you know what I’m going to change that no matter how harsh no matter how illegal I’m going to make change. You may never find Jonny Wonder now because that jump was planned I wanted to fake my death so no one would ever think I’m shadow because this isn’t an alter ego this is a new way of life. They can keep on looking but they’re never going to find him.