Red Moon | Teen Ink

Red Moon

February 12, 2014
By KingForADay97 SILVER, Waco, Texas
KingForADay97 SILVER, Waco, Texas
5 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche


Red Moon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The frigid wind rushed past like hiemal stallions in the broad darkness,
dashing, galloping, and hurtling by, circling and encasing him carefully.
The billowing clouds drifted nonchalantly to reveal the moon
a very deep shade of crimson that sends it’s light to bathe the wicked in favor,
it was the harvest moon, an evil moon.
The Red Moon.
The jagged spires of rock and stone beneath the bridge clawed and gnashed at the sandy beach like great angry teeth
waiting, silently seething,raking at the beach, for blood to spill so it can satisfy it’s immeasurable, unquenchable, unending thirst.
The darkened mass tore into the body with a fiery need.
ripping, shredding, and pulling at the corpse with a wild fury.
Blood seeped out slowly like a steady rain from hell
Small parts of seceded flesh falling with it out onto the nasty beach rocks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Tommy awoke to the sound of falling water and a light spray of mist showering over his whole body. opening his eyes revealed a capacious waterfall casting a rainbow of colors wafting in the crisp morning air, the surrounding trees swayed softly in the wind like a gentle dance in the warm breeze. He inhaled deeply taking in the circumambient smells, willing himself to stand he trudged into the cold clear water slowly, the leaves and mud crusted to his bare skin relinquished without effort, sending them into the downward current. looking at his calloused hands revealed dry blood around his fingers and under his nails, it smelled like copper, deciding not to investigate any further he plunged them into the cold water and scrubbed carefully exposing the pale skin beneath.
Studying the wakes in the water, his reflection momentarily flashed across the surface, Tommy leaped backward aghast, his once hellishly handsome ebony hair was matted and blown askew fiercely,entangled with all manner of leaves and grass, it had also grown an inch or two. His complexion had grown sallow, he reached up and traced the light scars on his face, those hadn’t been there before last night. Finally his eyes, the formerly bright hazel irises, have now developed a light yellow around the pupil, and with each time it grew, transforming like a slow blooming dandelion. Tommy imagined that if the ring continued, eventually they would turn a completely golden color.
A rustle in the nearby bushes jolted Tommy back to his senses, he stood up slowly pretending not to notice, he gingerly walked over to a tree and climbed it quickly. The form in the shrubs watched him disappear into the trees and thought him gone, so after a few long minutes she climbed out towards the soggy bank, she studied the area where the strange boy had been before, bending down she noticed a shred of plaid fabric and pulled it from the rocks, she figured it must be a piece of a shirt or something.
Just then a wisp of forced air brushed the back of her neck making her hair stand on end and her spine shake lightly, she realized that she had overlooked the fact that she never actually saw the creature leave, she desperately looked around for a way to escape. Just then an arm forced its way around her waist and hefted her into the air, she viciously batted, punched and swung at the boy but regardless of how much she strained she couldn’t escape the beast’s rigid grip, she continued fighting right up to when she bit his arm and he headbutted her quite harshly, but she couldn’t remain here after seeing him, so Tommy decided he would take her to his cave in the mountains, maybe save her for the next full moon, either way he had to put her somewhere she wouldn’t be found by anyone.
When Sophia Grace Elizabeth Ford initially exposed her pupils to the harsh light of the fire burning close by, she expected to be home in her north Italian estate with her wealthy family, and to see the repetitive sea green stripes of her bedroom walls parading around in an endless aureole. But when her eyes adjusted she realized that she was not in her home, rather in a damp, murky cave where the only discernible smell was that of musty animal carcasses and a set of antediluvian chemist’s equipment, making the whole locale seem like a bad science fiction movie she’d seen long ago. A loud crack from the fire snapped her thoughts back into place, she was kidnapped by a boy around 16 based on his height and that he went to her school for a time, and he was in her fairy tale English literature class, she loved those old stories.


The author's comments:
Should I continue? I'm not sure