Prologue: The Divine and the Wretched

We are the Acutites. Spawn of the divine angels and the protectors of the debilitated humans. We pilot the skies with our wings and keep order and peace between the lands.

They are the Hecates. Spawn of the wretched demons and destroyers of all things good and living. They scorch the lands in a destructive fire and breath evil into the pure.

We are the divine, and they are the wretched and usually the divine pulles through, right?

The divine and the wretched exist in the lands of Kainor where the kingdoms of Somaia and Athlena attempt to play nice. Unfortunately, these two main kingdoms have a rough time getting along, but usually, as I said, divine pulls through. Usually.

This is the story of when Somania became the kingdom of the wretched.

Kestrel135This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 16 at 2:20 pm
This is a pretty good introduction. It entices the reader, and interests them in the topic. ("Usually..." So this isn't going to have the perfect ending. Something is different than the usual; a lot more interesting then the same old story.) Very good description, I do like it. It's a bit short, but that doesn't take away from the piece. Good work! I'm curious about the story... Keep writing!

Carly_ElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 16 at 8:18 pm
Thanks so much for reading! And yeah so far the ending doesn't look like it's going to be all smiles haha.