Prologue: The Divine and the Wretched | Teen Ink

Prologue: The Divine and the Wretched

By Carly_Elizabeth PLATINUM, Othello, Washington
Carly_Elizabeth PLATINUM, Othello, Washington

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."
Roald Dahl

We are the Acutites. Spawn of the divine angels and the protectors of the debilitated humans. We pilot the skies with our wings and keep order and peace between the lands.

They are the Hecates. Spawn of the wretched demons and destroyers of all things good and living. They scorch the lands in a destructive fire and breath evil into the pure.

We are the divine, and they are the wretched and usually the divine pulles through, right?

The divine and the wretched exist in the lands of Kainor where the kingdoms of Somaia and Athlena attempt to play nice. Unfortunately, these two main kingdoms have a rough time getting along, but usually, as I said, divine pulls through. Usually.

This is the story of when Somania became the kingdom of the wretched.

This is the prologue to a new book I'm working on called The War.

on Feb. 16 2014 at 8:18 pm

Roald Dahl

Thanks so much for reading! And yeah so far the ending doesn't look like it's going to be all smiles haha. 

on Feb. 16 2014 at 2:20 pm
Kestrel135 PLATINUM, Waterford, Connecticut

"Respect existence or expect resistance"

This is a pretty good introduction. It entices the reader, and interests them in the topic. ("Usually..." So this isn't going to have the perfect ending. Something is different than the usual; a lot more interesting then the same old story.) Very good description, I do like it. It's a bit short, but that doesn't take away from the piece. Good work! I'm curious about the story... Keep writing!