A World Full of Magic | Teen Ink

A World Full of Magic

By Patricia Cazares BRONZE, Everson, Washington
Patricia Cazares BRONZE, Everson, Washington
1 article 1 photo 2 comments

Once up a time when witches,angles,demons,shape shifters, and vampires still roam our earth, there was a girl name Rosemary Violet. She lived in a small village in a country named Roaderbland. Roaderbland was on the continent of Australia, Australia was a beautiful land that was cover in pure forests where many magic creature hid who Rosemary violet thought were just legend to scare her. Rosemary being only fifteen years old had a huge responsibility in life. Rosemary had to look over her sick dyeing grandma Hermary. Rosemary's mother had left her in her grandma's care when she was only a month old and since then she has never heard anything from or about her, not even her grandma knows what happen to Rosemary's mother Bextrixs or, she would not tell her the truth.

Rosemary walked along a stream looking for medicinal herbs for her grandma and hunting for food, being fifteen years old she was a bit taller than most girls her age and a little bit thinner for the fact that she had a low amount of food during the winter.

Rosemary watched as a group of deer past by the meadow, she watched carefully push her jet black hair from covering her beautiful green eyes. Rosemary quickly grabbed her arrow and pointed it right at a median size deer, and launch right at his neck, killing the deer instantly.
Rosemary danced with happiness “after a week of catching nothing now I will be able to take my grandma some warm food to eat” In the inside hoping that her grandma would get better.

Rosemary ran towards the deer and picked it up. feeling sad for the deer misfortune but giving thanks that she would have something to feed her grandma that would give her more energy than vegetables. She walked through the meadow and through the woods until she came upon to a little wooden cabin, the wooden cabin looked old, moss cover a side of the cabin by where a swamp was locates, but the wooden cabin still stood strong. Apart from the swamp animals the cabin was surrounded by many charms to protect her and her grandma. Rosemary's grandma believed that she had to be protected from bad spirit and evil creatures, rosemary didn't believe that thing like that could exist.

Rosemary enters the cabin and started setting up everything to take apart the deer,
"Grandma Hermary" Rosemary called out
“Over here sweetie pie,” said grandma Hermary from a distance
Rosemary headed towards her grandma's room but found her bed all tidy up, Rosemary enter the room wondering why the room was open. it had never been open before, and grandma always made sure that her room would me locked, not ever once was it open until know. As Rosemary enters Grandma hermary's room she saw that the room was filled with millions of old book. Grandma would take a book out once in a while but would not allow Rosemary to touch them, for they could tear apart as grandma always said. Apart from the books, in the left corner of grandma's room were a stack of jar glasses full of herbs that had names in a strange language.

Has grandma gone nuts, why is she up in her situation, but Rosemary remember that grandma has always been a stubborn woman, she probably couldn't stay in bed much longer she thought. Rosemary headed out of the room before grandma came in, Rosemary headed out to their little garden, which was full of every vegetable she could imagine.

“Finally you're here sweetie pie,” sweetie pie was what grandma always called her. “What took you so long,” she asks “I'm gathering some vegetables to make you a soup.”

Rosemary stood there not knowing what to say for she had gone in grandma's room without permission, it took her a while then she answers, “Admiring your collections of books.”

“Did you touch any of the books?” Grandma shouted in surprise

“No grandma Hermary, but why was your room open.”
“After dinner we will need to have a serious talk, and don't ask any more questions.”

“But grandma how are you feeling, you looked terrible the last few weeks and yesterday I was even more worried about you, and now you’re up like nothing happened.”

“I will explain everything to you after dinner; now help me take these vegetables to the kitchen.” “Did you catch anything today?”
“Yes I left it in the kitchen; I cached a deer, which was pretty heavy”

“Well let’s go and get the deer all skinned and cut out.”

Grandma headed towards the little cabin but Rosemary stared at the sky wonder what all this change in grandma was about and what was the serious talk about. Rosemary ran to the little cabin until she reached the kitchen. It took Rosemary and her grandma about hour to skin, and cut up the deer. They sat down for dinner enjoying their vegetable and deer soup, Rosemary was eating as fast as she could, grandma notice and started saying, “you’re at an age when you will know to understand the history of our family. Since you turn fifteen I had to tell you this but I still don't want to put your life in danger.”

“My life!?” Rosemary shouted

“Yes my dear, your life, and the reason why you can't touch the books in my room and why I got better so quickly. Throughout history when women or a men in our family turns fifteen they are blessed, they are given a gift, a gift that you will carry through generations if that is your wish. You are a fallen angle that is the reason why your mother left you in my care. I being at an age, I got permission to come to earth, for my age I got my wings cut off and that happens to every angle when they reach the age of five hundred. An angle grow like humans u{>
on of our family have consider of only angle, but you're not. I had to come to earth when we found out you were a fallen angle and kept you away from other angles, so they wouldn't find out that you are a fallen angel, but they, the elder angles, found out. I need a place for you to grow normal until you reach the age of fifteen so that’s why your mother and I thought earth would be the best place. Throughout our generations angle don't live in earth or heaven we live in a different world call Bluecloud a beautiful place where angle live and fly around it's the most beautiful place I ever seen and I hope that one day you are able to see Bluecloud. You are not a fallen angel not, because of you action through life but the event that happen before you were even born.”

All this information and the news that she was a fallen angle brought tears to Rosemary's face,

“Don’t cry it not your fault. Your mother being an angle got the duty of watching over a wizard named Leonardo, for he was designated to go bad and your mom's duty was to prevent that. Angles are not allowed to let anyone see them; they are protected with an invisible charm just like our little home. As I was saying the wizard was protecting his home from any enemies or good creatures, the wizard threw a spell and hit your mother leaving her almost dead and distorting her invisibility charm. The wizard notice that your mother was fallen, ran to see what it was, he found her at the edge of his cabin. Seeing what she was he still having good in him took you mother in his cabin and cared for her, we heard nothing about your mother for almost 2 years for humans and angle time is still the same, but for me it felt like 200 year for my only daughter was missing. Your mother came to me and told me what had happen in those two years and with the news that she was expecting you. During that time the wizard took care of her until she got better. When Bextrixs woke up for the first time since the accident, a month later she had no clue where she was or who she was her memories were lost. She lived with Leonardo they fell in love, and their love preventing him, from going crazy. They live happily for almost a year until your mother started remembering who she was and her role, but they were deeply in love. Love that had never happen between a wizard for wizard are not humans either they tend to live longer than angels for the power and magic in them helps them age slowly. Once Leonardo got attack, almost killing him, your father, an enemy attacked him, your mother scared put her invisible charm went looking for your father but never found him after six month of looking for him she gave up. Also while she searches for your father she learns that she was expecting you my beautiful Rosemary.”

Rosemary felt millions of tears streamed down her checks, “I’m a fallen angle why me, why!!!”

My sweet rosemary you’re a fallen angle because later we learn that Leonardo your father had gone evil, being daughter of an evil wizard makes you a fallen angle. Now you have to take the decision of either being a wizard or in your case a witch or take the path to become an angle but you have to also take in consideration where you come from. If you are good you could do both but if you turn evil that will make you a fallen angel forever. In history there have been many successful witches that are born of either an evil mother or father, and have not turned evil. You’re one of the first born children from a witch and an angle, but you’re the first to be born from an evil wizard and an angle.
“where is my mother and where is my father?” cried Rosemary, rosemary felt like her world had been turn upside down, before this, she thought that she was an ordinary girl, that was not wanted for her mother left her in care of her grandma.

“You’re mother had been given the duty to stay in bluecloud and she is not allowed to earth, that is the reason why she has not ever come seen you she was only allowed a month on earth after you were born. Elder angle are given the role to make sure every angle is completing their duties as best as they can and to keep the peace between heaven and creatures of the earth, after they found out about you, your mother was expelled from earth. For your mother fell in love with a creature of darkness and conceived a children of darkness, and in the angle world that had never happen.”

Rosemary look out through the window, her eye site was blurry, because of all the tears. As she look out of the window she could see that there was a full moon and millions of stars in the sky, how long had we been here and not notice that it had turned dark, like me dark, she cried softly.

“My sweet Rosemary it is time to go to bed for this conversation has both made you and I tire and sad but we will face this together, I will always be here for you.”

Rosemary got up and kisses her grandma, hoping her good night rest. I want to know more about my father, my mother and about myself, but I don't know if I would bare hearing anything else.

She walk to her room, and went straight to her bed. She cried all night, and finally when the sun was coming down she fell asleep, she wondered if this was all a dream. When she woke up she found herself in the meadows next to her was her arrow.

“It was all a dream!?”

She cried, she probably fell asleep while she was in the meadow hunting and dreamed that she was an angle and a witch she thought to herself.

“Grandma!” she remember, “I need to get to her and find out what happen!”

Part 1