Freedom | Teen Ink

Freedom

By Suz140 BRONZE, Paso Robles, California
Suz140 BRONZE, Paso Robles, California

Keep steadily before you the fact that all true success depends at last upon yourself
-Theodore T. Hunger

“Save me please I can’t be here anymore!” she screams, tears carving paths down her dirty face. The girl closes her eyes, envisioning freedom from these trials. She feels wind whip her hair then smiles and opens her eyes to a field of white flowers. She sits among them and brushes down her dress, the wind blowing her hair from her face. She smiles her thanks. The flowers caress her legs, beckoning her, begging her to join them, but she’s not ready. She hasn’t seen what might be, how things will change. The flowers wilt their sorrow. She lays back and lets the flowers swarm her, a quick escape is fine, but she could never join them.
She sighs and takes a deep breath, promising to remember every detail. The flowers, the wind, the feeling of complete freedom and adventure.
She takes one last breath before she has to leave. She brushes her dress down again, closes her eyes, and is gone.

My friend and I were writing little stories and this idea just popped into my head of a girl that teleported by thinking into a place she knows she can't stay in but has trouble leaving. I think people can relate to the need to escape sometimes and find your happy place.

Suz140 BRONZE said...
on Jan. 1 2014 at 11:04 am
Suz140 BRONZE, Paso Robles, California

-Theodore T. Hunger

Thank you!

inkshy SILVER said...
on Jan. 1 2014 at 3:57 am
inkshy SILVER, Feasterville, Pennsylvania

"You know what 'normal' is? A setting on a washing machine. No one wants to be that."- Ashley Purdy

I liked the personifcation of the flowers- nice detail