New Beginning | Teen Ink

New Beginning

November 8, 2013
By chosenunicorn GOLD, Richmond, Virginia
chosenunicorn GOLD, Richmond, Virginia
11 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
“Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.”
― A.A. Milne


Two teenage girls blare this song on the way home from the concert. As this is their favorite, they sing along and dance as best as their seatbelts allow. It is dark outside, but their energy makes it feel bright, like midday. They scream the chorus, and the driver takes a sharp turn. She wasn’t paying attention, and isn’t driving very well. It's dark and she's not focusing on where she is going. She laughs as she passes a stop sign. Her friend doesn’t notice as her eyes are closed. As the last lines play, their volume grows. Their dancing intensifies. They scream the lyrics out the open windows. The driver has taken a wrong turn, and as they sing the last word, they drive into a wall. Instead of crashing, they teleport to another world. What they thought was the end was just the beginning.


The author's comments:
I was given the inspiration of a song, though I don't know the name of it.