The Silver Diamond (My Rebirth EP# 1) | Teen Ink

The Silver Diamond (My Rebirth EP# 1)

By Bazzaro127 GOLD, Kentwood, Michigan
Bazzaro127 GOLD, Kentwood, Michigan

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

“Come daddy… come play with me…” A childlike voice echoed in the distance like a ghost. The voice called out to one man in desperation. A man who had a past full of pain and suffering where he had brought so much death and darkness to the Gillion, his name was known by almost all the sentinel beings. Holding many questions to how it came to be, where, when, and why everything started. But his secrets of the past were still unknown to many of those who lived in the old ruins of the Ringland worlds, after his mysterious demise. The secrets still remain unexplained, secrets that were taken to the grave. His downfall was of his own accord that was proscribed in the markings of history as an urban legend. He was never to be found after his foretold ending. Some say his ship was swallowed whole by the void of space itself, others say he died in the explosion that tore his ship apart. While there were just a few who still believed that this once great man of hell still crusaded among the stars trying to find his next prey, to which he would consume. They reek of fear that he will one day arise again to claim the Gillion once and for all.

Aboard a wrecked Sindime cruiser, Orbiting the Ringworld Riliton…

A silver mist echoed throughout the hallways like a ghost, slithering like a snake from side to side. It searched endlessly throughout the wrecked hallways, ignited with bright orange lights. The mist had come over many fallen bodies that were decorated with shiny armor, it felt the ship grumble and cry with the bending its outer hall. The mist accelerated its speed down the hallways as it felt the ship become more unsettled. The mist had finally come over a man. It looked down over him as a faint face began to emerge from within it.

“Daddy… daddy… come play with me… don’t leave me…” The man began to slowly awaken from death. “Come on daddy… get up… get up and come play…”

The childlike voice rang in the man’s ears. He began to open his weary eyes. “Uh-huh”

“Come on daddy…”

The man slowly turned his head towards the narrow hallway he was in. He saw the damages, severe, unbelievable. Then he looked towards the open air where he found the silver mist swarming around him like a band of wasps. He couldn’t make out what had happened let alone how he ended up here. “Who… who are you…?” His voice was weak and frail as he spoke. “What…” He coughed and inhaled a faint gusts of air. “…are you? Why… am…” The ship rumbled viciously pushing the man against a metal wall. He pressed his back against it, helping himself sit up, his right shoulder burned in splintering pain. He couldn’t move from place.

“Hurry daddy …get up, get up.”

“My… my vision… I can’t see anything… I can’t move my arm” He tried to move his right arm; he grasped a metal rod with his left arm. His hand was weak and covered in blood and marked with a symbol, a circle sphere with a four sided star interior and ancient spear tips on the exterior of the circle. He pressed his hand against the metal rod, gritted his teeth and pulled. His eyes squinted inward and he pulled harder and harder until the rod propped out of him. Little pockets of blood oozed out of the wound. “Gah! Dang that hurt like a…” Something on the ship had exploded and ruffled the hallway.

The mist still swam around the man as he slowly scrambled to his feet. “Where am… I?” He looked around the hallway seeing all the flames. His vision became crystal clear as he looked down the hallway, he saw a small boy out in the distance, encased by the silver mist. The same mist that had been swimming around him, it sunk into him as he stood to his feet. His eyes turned from red to deep blue as the wounds on his body dissipated. He looked down at his hands and felt his right shoulder blade, the bleeding had stopped, and the gash had been healed.

He felt so confused about everything, let alone the situation he was currently in. “What the hell…” He choked on his own words as a massive explosion blew open a gap in the hallway. The man was blasted back against the wall. He quickly grabbed onto a fractured chunk of metal, welded into the wall. As the whole in the hallway engulfed the flames and air, the man looked out down at the end of the hallway, looking for the small boy. He couldn’t see anything, nothing was down there but the wreckage of scrap metal, the boy was gone. Feeling hopeless as he began to lose his grip over the sharp metal, his fingers began to bleed as the metal shards dug deeper into them as he tightened his grip. He held on for dear life, watching the bodies and scrap metal rushing out into the deep void of space.

A voice came from behind him. “Captain! Hang on I’m coming.” A man just a few feet behind him came running down towards the gap. He seemed to have no fear whatsoever of the danger that was just ahead of him.

He could only hold onto the metal fragment for a few more seconds as his hands slid further and further down. Thinking to himself. “What the heck is this guy doing? Doesn’t he know that there is a hall breach!?!?! I mean come on, don’t you see me here holding on for dear life, to a bloody piece of metal, rather a spike. I hope this man knows what he’s doing or else we’ll both be dead in a matter of seconds.”

The man came down by the captain and leaped towards the gap. He quickly landed right along the whole in the hall and typed a few buttons into his wrist. He pointed one arm at the whole as the other took hold of a metal plasma cord. His hand, pointing at the hall breach opened, a spray of red matter spooled out over the gap. Like magma it drooled over the metal surface. It took only a matter of seconds until the gap closed. The suction had ceased. The man had fallen back onto the metal floor standing upright. He looked down at his captain in relief.

“Who… who are you?” The captain asked as he let go of the metal object and sat up. Being given an open hand from the man standing just over him, he received it and was brought to his feet. He was still confused about what was happening.

The man looked at the captain with a confused face. “No thanks or anything… wow you haven’t changed.” He came back to the question asked, not knowing really how to respond. “Sir, how don’t you remember? I’m your closest asset, your Lieutenant, Linton…” Another explosion erupted from the ship, viciously shaking everything. Linton looked at the captain with a slight sight of fear. “Can’t explain now sir, but we have to get off this ship, now!”

The captain looked at him with a doubtful face. “Yeah and how...” The ship took another blow. “We can’t just hop out of this ship and call it home free.”

Linton smiled and looked at the captain.

“What? You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“It wouldn’t be the first time sir.”

“Wait what? It wouldn’t be my first time...”
“Come on follow me.”
“Fine… lead the way.” The captain began to follow Linton as he took one last glimpse at the sealed gap in the hallway. It morphed into the same metal as the haul, looked just like it as a matter of fact. He brushed off the thought as he fell in behind Linton.

As they ran down the hallway, both Linton and the Captain came across many dead bodies. Each and every one of them had a chest imprint, that being a Vincer head, over them that was blinking red. Their battle wounds were severe coming in multiple forms. The hall was ravaged with destruction, torn apart. A sudden shift in gravity change came upon the Captain and Linton. They lost their foothold over the ground beneath them, they began floating in midair.

“Oh no, this isn’t good at all!” Linton yelled as he touched the ceiling with his left hand. He eyeballed the captain with a skittish face.

“Oh no what!?!?! What’s the problem now? I can see we’ve lost gravity, couldn’t it be just the generators failing?”

“No, it’s worse.” Linton grabbed hold of the Captain with his other hand, pulling him up to the ceiling. “We’re being pulled into Riliton’s atmosphere!”

Within the Capital of Negi, a collon city, the Ringworld Riliton…

Below the golden sky where the clouds ran ramped, free, smooth. The Vast city of sea blue and green lights sat over the Riliton landscape. It stood high and mighty with its ships and Hungs soaring about its lands. Just beside its grasslands where flourishing orange flowers burned blue lights, the animals ran about the habitat. The people of the city worked in unison with the wildlife. Its trees climbed over the many towers that the people had constructed. Yet in all its beauty, the city laid oppressed by its past destruction. The destruction that lay just outside its plasma shielded walls. A barren wasteland was left behind from the Resine war. The battle that was fought in the defense of their home world, a man looked upon this land from afar in a watchtower. He was one of the many dozens of lookouts, who were the only operational sirens that would alert the city of any incoming attacks or dangers.
The man looked towards the sky, on the lookout for anything suspicious. He squinted his eyes as the bronze sun beamed light through the clouds. He couldn’t see anything until the ground shook beneath his feet. He looked beneath him, thinking it was an earthquake. Until the sounds of explosions ricocheted across the sky, his eyes gazed upon the deep horizon. He saw a ship emerge from the clouds. His mind raced in fright that the Grim Demini had come for their world.
“No! It’s impossible, the legends… he died long ago. I must warn the high council immediately.” The man took flight from his watch post. Pressing his palm against a small pebble like pad, he closed his eyes and materialized. His body was transported into the Citadel, the high council household of the Burnwood representatives.
The watchman materialized over a MTP floor implantation. He came into the central Klux, where all the high council members met. They were speaking among one another. All six of them were conversing about the conditions of the city.
A fairly aged man spoke first. “My friends, we are facing an epidemic. The city walls are failing as we continue to use Triphix plasma gems. We can’t keep trying to feed the Core with bits and pieces of different substances we find throughout the city. Sooner or later we will deplete our resources. Along with weaken the shields, by exposing it to different substances.”
A young man, blond haired blue eyed gentlemen, spoke out against the opposed issue. “Then what do you suggest we do. Take a small task force and go out towards the wastelands? That’s a suicide mission, nothing can survive out there let alone can there be any such resources that can help us. We have to use the rest of the Triphix gems. They are…”
Another voice joined in the mix, a young man just like the first. “Hollin… you know that we can’t keep using the gems, they…”
“Shut your damn mouth! You have no take in this matter Jack; you’re not even supposed to be here. You’re a common Cell, nothing more than that.”
The messenger came to the table where the group of councilors were conversing. “Citadel Yarrow…”
Citadel Yarrow rubbed his head as he looked upon the table. He did not hear the messenger the first time he called his name. Yarrow, a wise man with burn marks on the left side of his face, stood up from his seat and waved it off. The chair folded and unlatched its clamps and left from behind him. Yarrow put up his left hand, a Cenidime construct hand that replicated his living tissue, it moved as he commanded. He used it for most tasks, one most commonly though, to silence those in frustration and disorganization. His hand arose and all the councilors went silent. They noticed he had come up to declare his opinion.
“We cannot let this city perish like the rest of the Collon habitats. Do not rage at one another here, my Citadel members. We are fighting for survival, not just for ourselves, but for the rest of our race. Please…”
The messenger interrupted once more. “Citadel Yarrow… pardon my disruption.”
Yarrow turned towards the young lad and bowed his head. “What is it you have to offer us watchman.”
The messengers face broke with uncontrollable fear. His voice cracked and bounced from word to word in pitch volumes. “Sir! The… it… the ship…”
Citadel Yarrow came towards the young watchman and gently pressed his hand against his shoulder. Everyone else behind them watched in curiosity, Hollin vented at the watchmen with impatience.
“Tell us what the hell it was you saw! I demand you speak to us now watchmen or…”
Citadel Yarrow looked over his shoulder with his weary eyes. “Citadel Hollin, you are in no position to be commanding anything. You are nearly a newcomer to this household, treat it as such. Do not defy your rank in our court house. Let this man speak.” Yarrow looked back at the watchmen. “Calm down son and tell me what it is you saw. What ship did you see?” The ground began to rumble beneath their feet, the entire Citadel household shook. Yarrow looked around the room, refocusing his eyes back watchmen. “You have to tell me what it was you saw.”
“Sir…” The watchmen took in a deep breath. “… I saw the Malevolent.”
Yarrow closed his eyes as a sharp setback of the past flashed before him. “No… the legends of his demise were clear.” He whispered to himself. “I…”
Hollin burst with utter fear. “What, he can’t be here! That’s impossible…” The ground began to shake once more beneath them. Hollin looked at the other Citadel members. “We have to get out of here… fire the Dixon Cannon!”
Jack pressed his fingers against the table that sat in the middle of everyone. The city came into view along with the incoming ship. “Yarrow, Hillon, members of the Citadel. I know how to get rid of the ship, but we must hurry. There isn’t much time left.”
Back Aboard the Malevolent
“Captain we have to hurry! Get in here, the ship won’t be able to take much more.” Linton closed the blast door just behind the Captain as he came through the entrance.
The captain looked around the room, seeing bent metal and patches of flames scattered about. His eyes rested over the sight of suits, lined up in a row of five. He pointed towards the suits. “Is that…” The ship lost a chunk of hull that ripped off its surfaces and disintegrated in the atmosphere.
Linton ran past the Captain and activated a computer. “Yes sir. Come over here, now.”
The captain stumbled his way over to Linton just along side the suits. He watched as Linton try to access suit disengagement from the stocks. “What’s taking so long Linton? This ship is tearing itself apart!”
The computer denied the access codes Linton was entering. He tried to run a palm print ID scan, it was also denied. “The console isn’t recognizing my hand imprint…” He thought to himself, looking at his palm just for an instant. Linton whispered to himself. “That’s why it isn’t working.”
“Why what isn’t working!?!?! Linton we don’t have time for this… there must be another way off…”
Linton looked at the captain and then his palm hand. “No there isn’t, but you can get us out of here. You can access this.”
Once again the captain gave Linton a confused face. “What do you…”
Linton quickly grabbed his hand and pressed it against the computer console pad. The computer scanned his palm print and flared a green light. The suits granted them access as did the disengagement for orbital jumping procedures. “This is what I mean, now get on that suit right there.”
Within the Citadel

Jack spread out his hand over the city and pointed at a waste station. “Remember the reserved waste station we constructed for backup fuel for the city? We could use that heap of metal as energy to charge the shields to fire a beam at the incoming ship…”

Hillon objected against Jacks proposal. “Are you nuts, that’s the only fuel we have left once we use up the Triphix gems. We won’t last until the end of the month before the shield fails.”

“The shields won’t be able to sustain the bombardment of the Malevolent’s weapons if we don’t take it out.”

“So let’s use the Dixon cannon. It can destroy the entire ship with one blow.”

Jack looked at Hollin with a funny face. “We can’t use it, it’s still in the testing process. Those are just theories. It’ll drain the shields power source.”

A man dressed in a heavy armored suit came into the Citadel household. His face was baffled. “Citadel counselors, the Maleviolent has come. We must get you to shelter, its falling out of the sky in flames.”

Citadel Yarrow looked at the man dressed in armor. “General Rafiel, prepare the city defenses and get all the cells to safety.” Yarrow looked towards both Jack and Hollin. “We will fire the Dixon cannon…” He took in a deep breath and looked back at his general. “Rafiel, make haste to the cannon. Fire as soon as ready, make the shot count. Alert the city at once that we are under attack, in case the Malevolent is still armed.”

The General looked at the Citadel counselor with a plane face for a moment. “Sir, yes sir. It shall be done at once.” Guards came behind him. “Take the Citadel counselors underground for safety, incase we fail to eliminate the incoming vassal.”

The soldiers nodded and moved towards the counselors. As a girl came out from a distant room that was near the Central Klux, she ran to Citadel Yarrow.

“Father what’s happening. Why have the sirens turned on, are we under attack.”

Yarrow looked at his daughter, Amelia, a brunett girl with green eyes and faint orange skin tone. “We are running a practice test over the alarm systems of the city. Come now, we must hurry down into the Javlin.”

The guards escorted the councilors away from the Central Klux. While General Rafiel took a small squad of men along with him to the Dixon cannon, they came to the top of the tower of the Citadels tip. Where the General came to a wall where musty black and blue marks stained its surface. He activated the cannons controls. His hands pressed against the wall, flipping, shaping, and projecting. A metallic metal key pad and gray holographic imagery emerged. The general set the cannon to online, as the entire Citadel tip morphed itself into a massive cannon. He aligned the nozzle of the cannon towards the falling ship. The computer linked the cannon with a supply of dark matter, which was sucked into the loading banks of the cannon. He watched the meter on the computer climb; Fifty percent… sixty-five percent… seventy percent… until the Dixon cannon was ready to fire.

“Man I don’t like this, the shields won’t be able to maintain themselves if…” The ground shook beneath him, he compressed the thought. “It’s what the counsel have decided, that’s that.”

Aboard the Malevolent

“Sir do you have your suit on?” Linton asked as he finished strapping himself into his.

The captain latched the rest of the gears in. “Yes I’m all set. Are you sure this is gana work?”

Linton looked at him and then back at the computer. “It’ll work…” The orbital jump doors jolted inward as the ship descended further into the planets atmosphere. “Damn it! The doors have sealed themselves shut. We won’t have a secure slingshot out of here.”

“We’ll have to blast the doors open then!”

“That’ll work but we can’t just leap out as soon as we do, we will fry in the atmosphere if…”

“Linton just blow the damn doors! Wait… where’s the helmet to this bloody thing?”

Linton backed away from the orbital jump doors and raised his left arm. “Ready?”

At the Citadel’s peak, the Dixon Cannon

The computer kept climbing, nearing one-hundred percent completion.

A soldier came running towards him. “Sir, the ship is five Clicks out. It’s beginning to fully emerge from the clouds.”

“I understand that private.” He looked at the computer reading ‘Ninety percent charged… ninety-two percent charged.’

Aboard the Malevolent

“Sir, are you ready!” The ship began to scream aloud as it came closer to the surface.

“No… not…” Something broke through the door behind them. A strong hand smashed through the metallic metal door and snatched the Captain. Its hand began to inject a venom into him. “Gah! Help me!”

Linton turned to see the captain being taken by the creature. He bolted towards the door and ejected a plasma tri-shot through the broken barrier. The creature then released the captain and retreated. “Get up sir, we have to get out of here.”

At the Citadel’s peak, the Dixon Cannon

The computer spoke to the general. “Cannon has reached one-hundred percent, launch sequence is ready.” A small holographic cylinder rose from the center blinking red. The General was a little hesitant for a moment; he slammed the button as soon as it came to a Holt.

“GOD help us please.”

The massive Dixon cannon spun its nozzle in both clockwise and counter clockwise directions. The metal at the very tip of the nozzle turned dark green and launched an ADIR (Acid Deteriorating Inflation Round) at the Malevolent.

Aboard the Malevolent

Linton lifted up the captain from the ground and held him up with one arm. He quickly raised the other and blasted a gap in the orbital jumping doors. The air suction began pulling at them with vicious force. Linton quickly pressed both his and the captains chest pads to activate their helmets. Just as their helmets encased their heads, they were swooped out of the ship into the minefield of overheated plasma cores and metal. The two men flew helplessly.

Linton noticed a dark green and black patch of fog hurdling towards the nose of the Malevolent. He squinted his eyes for a moment. He was too late to notice, the ADIR round had already breached the ship. The shockwave of the round blasted Linton and the Captain eastward, away from the Burnwood city. The two men, dodging, falling, and twisting. They were uncontrollably flying through the endless wave of flames and metal. Linton could barley see through his visor as the Malevolent erupted into a new sun, Linton yet was still able to maneuver the oncoming debris.

He activated their body drop shields. As a fairly large piece of metal came flying at them. Linton was unable to alter their course. The captain was still rendered unconscious; the flying metal debris came right through them. Linton was separated from the captain as they were forced apart. They soon became engulfed in a sea of fire with their fate being unknown. As they fell along the wasteland with their Legendary Malevolent battle cruiser, metal scrap flew across the empty land in bits and pieces.

Back In the City of Burnwood, the top of the Citadel Tower

General Rafiel stood watch at the balcony of the Citadel Tower. He watched the Malevolent crumble into the barren wasteland. The general began to feel a slight sigh of relief within him. The once great strain of stress had lifted; the nightmare was over along with the monster himself who fell with his ship. “It’s finally over, now the Gillion can at least be safe from him. She would have been have been glad he died, just if I could have saved her, just maybe I…” Rafiel knelt his head over the metal bars slowly exhaling. “It doesn’t matter now, the past is the past. I best leave it behind. I have other things to worry about.” The general picked his head up once more. He looked once more at the falling debris. He saw something… just faintly. It was a bright blue light sparkling as it fell downwards. The general turned to one of his scout soldiers just at his side. “Hey did you see that?” The soldier was pre-occupied with looking through a sensor scope, not hearing him. Rafiel nudged him. “Hey!”

The soldier jerked as the general hit him. He took his eyes out of the sensor scope raging. “What the f…” He saw the general looking at him. “O… sir my apologies.”

“Son shut up; did you see that blue light over there?” The general pointed towards the wreckage.

The soldier looked at the wreckage. “Sir I don’t see anything, just flying shrapnel from the remainders of the ship. Besides if there was anything blue, it was just one of the hyper drive fuel components. It couldn’t be anything more than that.”

Rafiel couldn’t believe him, he looked away from the soldier with a blank face. He couldn’t help but wonder what it was that he saw. He began speaking to himself silently. “No, that wasn’t any…”

The soldier looked at him. “Sir, are you okay?”

“Yeah, its nothing. Get back to your sensor sweep, make sure nothing survived the fall.” The general walked away from the soldier, heading towards the stairs. As a sudden rupture in the shields burst out loud, the shields appeared with pentagon blue colors. “What the hell is that?” He turned around to see what it was. Rafiel saw the city shields burning in electricity, flickering on and off.

“Sir, the shields are failing!” The soldier came to the general with a stunned face.

“Damn it, I had a bad feeling about this plan. I knew this would happen.”

“Sir why are the shields failing, we are suppose to have at least a month left.”

“They’re failing because we drained the Gems power source. The cannon was on a direct feeding line.”

“What do we do?!?!?”

General Rafiel glared at the soldier with his sharp eyes. “Assemble a team, were going out to that ship. We’re going to use its power to fuel the gems.”

“Sir but it’s forbidden by the high counsel to leave the city, the wasteland is…”

“I don’t care what the High counsel said. If it wasn’t for them we wouldn’t have to deal with this problem. Now go!”
The soldier didn’t stand for another second, he left the tower.
General Rafiel felt a fearsome cringe inside him, as he glared at the empty wasteland. The same wasteland where countless structures, life, and hope use to thrive, now just memories swam over its desolate landscape. He knew that out there, within the wasteland, he would have to face his demons.
Coming Up Next… Gear up with General Rafiel and his Team and meet some of the Collon Cities Security Officials. Dive deeper into some of their inner personalities and discover what sacrifices will have to be made in order to do the right thing to save the city. Finally take the first steps to leaving the only home known to be safe, but for how long. Time is against this single Collon city as it faces the most dire epidemics of its time. The last city that houses the Cell’s, shall it fall and be overtaken by the wastelands? Will it be brought to its knees before the utter and blinding darkness? Or will it rise to the challenge, even after all the endless destruction and horror it has faced. The same horror that has twisted some of its own Cell’s against itself. Like the human immune system, it defends itself and fends off the toxins of the outside. As it has done time and time again, but this time, there is only one hope that can save it… a hope that is shied away by all those who do not believe in the impossible and are willing to kill those who dare to rise up to the challenge.

A past that was long forgotten... A life that has left an un-washable mark. A life that was replaced with a new, lives with a dark and dreadful backstory. He is the Gillion's greatest Allie and yet it's most sinister combatant. He is the man that shall change the wrong that has been done by his own hands. He will discover the truth of what his past beholds to his mysterious revival. A revival that was done by none other than the silver mist.