From the eyes of a Rain Drop | Teen Ink

From the eyes of a Rain Drop

By maddii_luvss GOLD, San Antonio, Texas
maddii_luvss GOLD, San Antonio, Texas

"If we were all born to die, and we all die to live; then what's the point of living life if it just contradicts?" ~ Ronnie Radke

I am born, the cloud my mother and the cold, my father. I am one of a million others that are the children of my mother, and each day we grow older, we swell and our mother grows darker. She holds us all together telling us of the day that we are to leave her arms and greet the wide spectrum of the world. I am scared; and then I am falling. It starts off slow and then I begin to pick up speed as my siblings around me seem to swell and fall as well. I am cold. The expanse of the earth unfolds beneath me and I cringe; the earth almost nears me. I hear the screams of my brothers as they fall and hit the earth with an unfortunate SPLAT, and a growing fear makes me swell fatter as I quickly approach the ground. But instead of the cold embrace of the hard grey earth, I am mystified by the touch of something beautiful. I stop. Green expands beneath me, the cool veiny green that seems to be split by tiny crevices that I slide into, slowly make my way down. I have heard of this before… plant. The beautiful plant pulls me down, making gravity its temptress and I obliviously follow her sweet song which beckons me further. My body moves down the crevices further and further until I am holding onto the very edge. Gravity begins to pull at my hands and I let go. Once again, I am falling. But this time, to whom can I blame but only myself for falling into the devious trap that she is. I see my other brothers, fallen with me and we each hit the ground with a head splitting splat. It hurts. But then I begin to realize that I am alive. I am relieved; then I am rising. The heat raises me up from my back and pushes me upward. I look towards Gravity and flash a devilish grin thus proving that I have won; alas, I have not. She watches me with a sweet seductive grin, the one that pulled me down to begin with, and waves. I then realize that I am not alive, I am gone. My body is not rising from the ground, but my mind. Slowly I begin to think back and wonder if she was my biggest regret. But no, for now I am up with my brothers once more to die in the loving peace of my mother’s arms. Ready to swell and fall again; ready to be reborn.

This is a piece that is written through the eyes of a raindrop, how tragic.