His Story | Teen Ink

His Story

June 18, 2013
By TimelessHistories SILVER, Plano, Texas
TimelessHistories SILVER, Plano, Texas
7 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.


The winds whispered his name, leaving the leaves breathless, fluttering gently onto the overgrown grass. Flowers of iridescent colors were scattered across the crumbling stone. Although the words that were etched onto the worn out stone had faded long ago, the dreams and wishes had still lingered. They shrouded the slab of lifeless stone, creating a veil of prayers. Forgotten he will be not, for Ricky still walks amongst us, giving forever more.
Gliding past towns, I searched. Searched for them, one who were now apart of me; every one of them ingrained into my restless soul. Though the ones dear to me shed crystal tears, they must understand the reason for my existence, my very being, For He sends us, the ones who were destined; his messengers. We were here to help heal His broken world.
Another one. The world blurs once more as the edges of this vivid picture fade away, and I vanish into the vibrations of life once more. There she was, a mess of scarlet red hair huddled next to a splattered filthy wall, sobbing onto the broken pathway, her spirit shattered. A fragment, a long forgotten memory rests inside of her, my heart. Kneeling down, I gently touch her shoulder. Her muscles instantly respond, and unwind the tension. Her eyes flutter and her soft lips open, but her breath slowly seeps out of her body. As I turned to leave, turned to search for another, she spoke three words.
“Don’t leave me.”
Those three words were the first three words that had reached my forgotten soul for eons. I kept my unbroken silence.
“Please. I know you’re there.”
I swiftly turned around, and stepped right in front of her. This time I had let my presence known, breaking the codes of the dead. Her glistening eyes searched and found nothing, and her breath came in short gasps. Scared.
“Who are you?”
The whisper hung in the air, fragile. My soulless eyes held hers for the briefest of seconds, and she instinctively reached out, searching.
“Your guardian angel.”
A white light exploded from within me. The feeling of warmth and heat pulsed beneath my soul as my fingertips shone brilliant beams of golden light. Feathery wings erupted from my back and wrapped the broken girl in its delicate embrace.
“Thank you.”
My solitary confinement had dissolved, leaving only a few wisps of embers behind. The world around me was eclipsed in unwavering light. My eyes were filled with truth and acceptance, for I was released. I spread my arms toward the heavens and the clouds had parted, leaving a trail of light to guide my way. My journey had come to its end, finally.
“I’m free.”