That woman | Teen Ink

That woman

On that day, I was shopping at the mall, and I saw my mom and dad fighting. They were fighting. Because she found out that my dad had been cheating on her for a long time. Before that, I thought I had a great family. They gave me everything I wanted. They acted like a normal couple without any problem, at least when they were in front of me. But on that day, I found out everything. That was the hardest shock that I had ever been through. I was so hurt, I ran out of the mall. I ran into the road in treas. I couldn’t see anything because I was crying. Suddenly, I heard someone scream, and after that I cant feel any weight. I saw my body hit by a red car, and I was bleeding. I saw my dad and mom hear the noise come around me both horrified. I tried to tell them, I am here, I am not dead. But they couldn’t see or hear me. Some invisible power was pulling me to leave. I fell into full darkness.

I was surprised when I woke up, still alive, but somewhere I had never see. The decorations, people around me, their clothes, and the buildings were all different from the world I knew. Women were wearing ancient clothes. All of them had a mark on their foreheads, some the same but some different. I was shocked and want to ask where I was. But I can’t ask, because they were acting as if they knew me and I was not a nobody. It was not a good time for me to tell them, I didn’t know anything. I stond up and walked with them to the mirror, but the one I saw in the mirror was not me, she is someone I had never seen. She was beautiful, with snowy skin, brown eyes and straight hair, but in the eyes I saw some thing really familiar, which I couldn’t remember. One of the people held my hair by a shining crystal hairpin, then I was led out by them.
I saw a crowd around me and a man standing away from me, who looked exactly like my father, only younger. It seems like I was getting married to him. I found out the heart from this body love that guy very much. And my soul couldn’t stop “my body” from smiling. I realized that man must be the lover of this body’s old owner. The body felt happy to walk to the man with a smile. It was snowing, clear white snow falling on “ my head” and clothes. And looking at the smiling man, “my body” didn’t even feel cold in the snow day.

But while I was walking, something suddenly impaled my body, my chest. This time was different from the last time I “died” in the accident. I turned around to see who did it to me, and I saw the face of someone who looked like my mom. This was just like a dream, and everyone was from my life. I looked back, and saw that man was shocked, angry, and many other feelings that I couldn’t name. He ran to me and held me tight. Again, I saw my body dead in his arms and that woman was laughing. Then, I realized what was familiar about “my” face. It was my dad’s new girlfriend.