Dragon Prince: Prologue | Teen Ink

Dragon Prince: Prologue

April 19, 2013
By scoutcamper292 BRONZE, Avondale, Arizona
scoutcamper292 BRONZE, Avondale, Arizona
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do what you can with what you have and where you are.


Thud, Thud, Thud, Thud, a tall, hideous, green, troll stomped as he walked down the hidden forest path, to find his destination, he continued down the forest path, Thud, Thud, Thud, Thud, Thud.


It was a dark night when such a cold deed was done. Everything was silent, too silent. The crickets didn’t chirp, the owls didn’t hoot, and the werewolves weren’t howling. As if they all knew that this night was a very nefarious night.



The whole entire Gryphon Forest was silent. The only thing that could be heard was the harsh cold wind. The whole forest’s population knew about the fearsome troll tales. All the animals where hiding in their shelters in fear that the troll would approach them.


At the edge of the forest path the troll stopped. He cautiously looked down the old dirt road that would lead him to his destination. Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, alarmed, the troll fell backwards to get out of sight of the sprinting hypogriph. When the hypogriph was out of the troll’s sight, the troll let out a grunt of relief. Standing back up on all three legs, he looked to see if the road was clear.


Thump, Thump, Thump, Thump, Thump, The troll continued as he walked down toward the castle. Then complete silence, complete stop, then three ugly, nefarious, yellow eyes. Gazing At the enormous castle, the troll opened his mouth, showing his crooked, yellow teeth he says in a gruesome voice, “Garntooth, troll king Slitherslug is back!