A Train To The New World | Teen Ink

A Train To The New World

April 4, 2013
By JeseeJ.1996 BRONZE, Frankford, Other
JeseeJ.1996 BRONZE, Frankford, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There are two things that are never ending: one ins the universe, the other is mans stupidity. And we're not sure about the universe."















- Albert Einstein


We were launched back into our seats as the train picked up speed. I saw the crumpling Mont. Everest outside my window, as we passed it.
It has been 20 years since I stepped out of my Cryogenic freezer. I was frozen for two hundred years to warn the people of the future that within the next five years the world was going to begin to end.
They demanded why they didn’t know about this sooner, and the only responds I could give them was what I was informed, that the government feared that if they took tax payers money to fund research of this then they would be over thrown.
So they hid all evidence.
We spent twenty years making a shuttle that could handle taking hundreds of people to M-26, a planet seventy-five light-years away. The closest planet that could harvest human life.
We zipped past Everest again. This was our twelfth trip around the world. Then we hit the ramp. I heard the engines explode on as the wheels left the track. Higher and higher we went. The air began to thin, making it harder and harder to breath. I tried to suck in as much oxygen as I could. The flames poked up next to my window. I began rising out of my seat. I looked down at the floor, watching it leave me. We were in space.
I looked out my window. The flames were gone, replaced by giant looking bat wings, watching them swing back and forth, out of my view, like a human swimming.
A female voice came on over the speakers.
“Ladies and gentlemen, would you all please look under your seats to find an oxygen mask.”
I reached under my seat, just like everyone else in my car. We all pulled on our metal surgeons masks with filters on the sides to filter in the oxygen. No oxygen tanks. The technology today. I pulled the strap over my head and secured it on the back of my head. I looked out my window.
The moon was right next to me. At this rate we should be to our new home in one hundred and some odd years. I breathed in and out, my breaths much louder as the oxygen was entering my mouth and carbon dioxide was being released into the atmosphere of the train.
I leaned my head back, listening to my breath. Then time stopped, as Cryogenic frost took over the train, moving over the seats like a slow, cold fog.