Robots and Cyborgs

It has already been more than a decade since the dawn of the 21st century; science and technology have brought a dynamic revolution in almost all the facets of life. Through the crests and troughs of my not-so-long life, I have stumbled upon many machines of diverse kinds and stupefying variations. In this so-called cyberpunk era, where it is quite hard to differentiate between fact and fiction, the machine considered to be the most ground-breaking is probably the computer. But this computer has now evolved into a much more sophisticated form, commonly called a robot.

In my country Pakistan, astonishingly there is no deficiency of robots. These robots are fairly different from other robots. The funny thing is that they have 100 percent human DNA. These bio-robots grasp education by attending schools, colleges and above all, academies. The robots I am chattering about are in fact the students. Some of these robots are my class-fellows.

I am not being rude in any way to give them the grand title of “robots” as they deem “memorization” to be the golden key to go through exams, get good marks (I confess some of them do get brilliant marks) and achieve academic degrees. It seems as if this memorization virus has penetrated into the blood of the students of these days, as if a mosquito has really bitten them, attempting to enjoy their sweet blood. All they need is an anti-memorization or “anti-ratta” vaccine, but do we have it? No, not yet!

It is really a pity that these students do not comprehend the “joy of understanding”, which is the essence and keystone of education. As a matter of fact, it is the aftermath of our defective education system. I am not a part of any “Zara Sochiye”-like initiative. Then, one may ask, “Why am I being a mockingbird on this issue?” It is because I have tasted the perks of the true education along with sweet syrup of joy of understanding.

When it comes to me, I do not classify myself as a robot. Rather I fall in the category of cyborgs (half-humans and half-robots). I used to be a normal human some years ago. Just to survive through this traditional system of education, I had to give up my desire of being normal, and ultimately became a cyborg. My cyborg mind comes halfway between humans and robots. It can memorize but not with as much knack as those bio-robotic minds. Unlike those minds of robots, mine can do much creative stuff. And that’s the sheer reason I prefer being a cyborg to being a robot.

There are other cyborgs like me. Some people are lucky enough to retain their human self and get education in my country. But most of the institutions are flooded or rather jam-packed with the aforementioned robots. To become a progressive nation in today’s world, this detrimental situation needs to be alleviated at the first priority. There are volunteers out there working with their utmost efforts to bring a change. My sincere salute goes to all of them and I pray that our next generations may not have to face these problems as there may be a constructive revolution in education very soon.

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:12 am:
this is so creativie! i expect a sequal!!;)

ThoughtToner said...
Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:01 am:
Seriously, it was quite the Stephen Leacock type of rundown let alone the sarcasm, though it was worth it (the education system). I admire the writing skills how the wrap up went. And the terminology 'cyborg' was really something interesting enough to remember! :) keep up the good work --and do get it published in the native magazines. that'd add another thing to our future focal point (God be with us).

SugarcoatIt said...
Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:15 pm:
Great Job Hamza! It  is indeed a really informative and crafty piece. I am a quick reader yes, but I read through your article liek butter! :P  

SaphiraBrightscales said...
May 31, 2013 at 1:59 am:
Hamza! Okay firstly, with the first paragraph nobody could've had the slightest idea that the article was going in quite a different direction then the reader's eye could originally decipher. Now, I really appreciated this categorization, I love your writing style, serious yet with the reflection of a laugh and enormous amounts of irony. Oh, irony! It may take writers years to find irony but I suppose true inspiration is in itself ironic. :P Secondly, on the views I SO COMPLETEY agree!... (more »)

Hamzawaseem replied...
Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:50 pm :
It's really relieving to see I've got people supporting me. I salute your best friend. Do show this article to her if you can. Thank you so much for reading!!!

SaphiraBrightscales replied...
Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:47 am :
I will! Definitely. I'll post it on her timeline right away. :D

Zach_M said...
May 30, 2013 at 1:45 pm:
Robots and Cyborgs:
I have to be honest, I had no idea where this article was going, but you never fail to impress me with your informative writing abilities. Your comparisons flowed so majestically, and I love your idea that you are trying to impress on your audience. You truly do have talent that seeps through the end of your pen. Towards the ending of this article, I didn not want it to end, because I was curious of how far you could take this, but what you left me with, made me desire ... (more »)

royalujjwa4This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26, 2013 at 7:30 am:
so relatable!! Your naive language is amazing to read!

KJ-loveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
WOW.... GREAT JOB!! this is totally now one of my fave's

AbbaDabbaDoo said...
Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:26 am:
This is a wonderful piece, with mystery and wonder. I believe it is an amazing piece that should be in the magazine!

SICKSPEED said...
Mashallah hamza this is some interesting work! Its true about Pakistan.It makes you realise many things.Yo u said it wasnt long :P haha im jk.Keep up the good work!

Swa.Swara.Vismaya said...
Apr. 11, 2013 at 5:40 am:
 it is awesome!! totally relatable!! and keep writing.. love your use of language!!

NightcatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Brilliant love you language :)Good luck ...

abcxyz said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:36 am:
Nice 1 .. waiting for more such.. :D

Sunny225LuvsHugsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
luv how you descibe descirbed the robbot  

WORDFOREVER1 said...
nice job ham. really interesting really true.

Hanban12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:04 am:
wow, very original and creative. It was very informative about a future way of life. I love it :)

RainForMe said...
Very origanal.

MissPurpOreos said...
Wow, all I can say is WOW. This kept me entertained because it was that intresting and infromataive . Keep writing, half robot :) You have T-A-L-E-N-T. One day I hope they fix the problem also. 5 stars!

sassygurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:56 am:
wow...its completely true too. the connection is undeniable. i like it :)