"Fantasia" | Teen Ink

"Fantasia"

By HeavenMarie SILVER, Keeseville, New York
HeavenMarie SILVER, Keeseville, New York

-Don't judge a book by its cover.
-I am the author of my own life, unfortunately I am writing in pen.
-"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."-Dr. Seuss

As you travel through the wooded path down past the old Macy House, into a hillside under the swaying willow tree, you will find a place with a locked door that leads to another world just like our own but with a twist. This magnificent place has many trolls, fairies, and other magical beings that call their home Fantasia. Fantasia is much like medieval time but with heating and plumbing. Its seasons are wonderful with the variety of colors that brighten your evening. Fall is the most amazing season this wooded place has ever seen and celebrated. It is the season that the Princess was born and the season the king loves most. It is also where winters are always short and the summers are never too long. Oh, and if the breeze hits you, you're struck with the smell of honey and peppermint.
Fantasians are ruled by King Caleb Sullivan and his beautiful Queen Elena. Though tragedy happened to them long ago, they still rule with pride. Fantasia is a great place to be when you’re in the mood for a change. They greet you with smiles, but appearances are not always what they seem.

Many of the creatures that live in Fantasia are called Fantasians. They are nice and usually welcome you with open arms. Their houses are built of magical rock from the Caspian Elps that change color depending on the mood. The trees tend to move, and they won't help you when you are lost. The clouds are white and sometimes when they are low enough you can hop on and ride them to wherever your heart desires. The day sky is always a light blue and rarely turns grey. At night, there are always stars in the sky leading travelers toward Fantasia. You can always find the right advice from the whispering willow by the path back to the human world. The birds chirp in a musical choir and the frogs turn into a man or woman of your dreams when you kiss them. There are also evils that may lurk around the corner from time to time, but Fantasians can take care of themselves. There are many creatures that live in Fantasia. Some may say Fairies over run the population but they don't. Fairies are tricksters though. They loved to have fun pulling pranks on many travelers that come to Fantasia. Some fairies are human height and some are small enough to fit in your pocket. Fairies hate being trapped and do tend to get red in the face when they get mad. They have beautiful butterfly wings. Some of them dress like most Fantasian's would, but others love to dress in flower pellet made suits or dresses. Another creature that lives in Fantasia is vampires. Some people may think that vampires are heartless and cruel. That may be for some of the vampires, but most of them in Fantasia are nice. The ones that go out in the daylight have a special ring that makes it possible for them to interact with other Fantasians during the day. The ring they have is made by a powerful witch that makes jewelry for a living. Garlic isn't an issue for them. Oh, and cruse affix's, please, the ones in Fantasia practically worship a god or something of the sort. The vampires that live in Fantasia are very pleasant, especially the vampire that owns the Temperas Inn. There is also a Troll Nation that lives deep in the forest. Some trolls are ruthless and cold hearted, and again that is not always the case. The trolls that live in Fantasia are actually full of kindness. They don't look half as bad as the trolls that live in the Troll Nation. You can’t forget the other creatures that live in Fantasia, like witches, werewolves, banshees, and many others that love being in Fantasia.

Another Creative Writing Assignment. This is my world that I made up. We had to make up our own world. Enjoy!