Foresight: A New Reality- Prologue | Teen Ink

Foresight: A New Reality- Prologue

February 21, 2013
By ArkhamAvarice BRONZE, Bardstown, Kentucky
ArkhamAvarice BRONZE, Bardstown, Kentucky
3 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
“We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.”
― May Sarton
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein


Prologue: Oblivion
If you want a happy story, do not read this book. It won’t make you warm and fuzzy; just give you nightmares that will drive you mad. I’ve seen purity, evil, and the devil himself. Darkness is inescapable; even the vast expanse of space is a black void.
If one must know, I am the only one left. I am a forgotten soul, the last of an endangered species. My name is Jack Claybourne. I once protected humanity from the hidden horrors of the universe. You think you’re alone? How ridiculous. Alien races are very common, and not all of them are peaceful. That’s why I’m talking to you. A single race created the key to Armageddon. I was trusted to stop it and save the realm, but I failed. I let so many people down and so many people were killed, their home worlds wiped out.
I have seen and learned many things in my journeys. I have seen the multiple universes, have experienced what happens after death, felt true love, rage, grief… It all happened within 3 years, and I have been hurt in so many ways. My soul is gone; all you get from me is the dark shell of a sad old man. Do you think your life is hell?
Try mine, and appreciate what I don’t have any more.
Understand the past.
Embrace the present.
Reclaim the future.
Our journey begins here, the fall of 2009...


The author's comments:
This is the intro to my novel. Please, no copyrighting! Note: This novel explores religion. There are several Satanic references in here, as well as Christian and Taoist. This story does not support any religion, but I don't want people to be offended.