The Neighborhood

The neighborhood; home to over five-hundred houses, each one different and unique as they create a network of roads, alleyways, and buildings. You wouldn’t think of anything strange happening here, but it does. This neighborhood is different from others in a great way. In this neighborhood, things come to life. I speak not of houses and simple machines, but of things that you may find in any house that holds children. Toys, and not just toys that work together for friendship, not something that you would see in Toy Story; no, these toys form countries, communities, and armies. They have destroyed homes, ruined streets, and improved homes. No, you would not expect to find anything strange about this neighborhood; nothing at all, but looks may be deceiving. This is what our story focuses on: the war between the toys of the houses that surround the playground on the west side of the neighborhood. They fight for territory, not for power, though they don’t mind if they happen to gain a little of power. Do not venture to this playground at night, for you may meet an unfortunate end at the hands of something that was not supposed to live. You have been warned.