Midnight Colors | Teen Ink

Midnight Colors

By Found.Gone.Captured SILVER, MiddleOfNowhere, Virginia
Found.Gone.Captured SILVER, MiddleOfNowhere, Virginia

"I never do anything, unless I know the price I am going to pay."

Once, there were five sisters. They went to school, like the rest of us. They talked to friends, like the rest of us. They dressed with style, like the most of us. Except one was unique, like all of us.
No one knew they were sisters, except them. Two of the girls were twins; they were called Jessie and Jane. So were the other two, called Christy and Christina. The fifth is the odd one, with the name Midnight.
There was something very odd about her. And everyone knew it.
Except something no one knew was, each night when midnight came, she would turn into an unknown animal, with long black hair. When it was noon, her blond hair would swiftly start turning black. She couldn’t risk anyone seeing her with black hair. During the morning she would be nice to her only friend, Kristen. Then when noon came, she changed to a person who would do the strangest things, and always leave school early. Midnight and Kristen weren’t popular like her four sisters, although, Midnight was too…But not in a way you would want to be recognized. Everyone knew her as that person to stay away from, even though her beauty would glow.
One pair of twins had brown hair that they dyed, to show the difference between the other pair of twins with blond hair. Except Midnight, she had black hair. Midnight was the opposite of them. People would least expect her to be sisters with them.
Now, there was this group of friends who were as popular as the sisters. Their names were Alice, Haley, James, David, Clare and Kristen.
Kristen never told Midnight because of what she’s capable of.
One night the group of friends decided to walk home from a midnight movie...including Kristen. Every yard they walked they would hear a strange noise. Each person would stop to look behind them, turn around and keep walking. The group was halfway home, when heard growling, then noticed a car had been following them. When the car’s headlights had turned off, they jumped over the rail landing on the grass.
“Hide behind a tree!” yelled James. Each of the friends hid in their own tree, trying not to breathe hard.
There were six flashlights scanning the forest. Then they heard the noise again, except this time it was next to them. Everyone took a step back, and then unexpectedly, everyone fell down from the slope except Kristen.
Kristen held on to the edge trying to climb her way back up. She looks down and none of her friends were moving. With her experience of rock climbing she got up looking to see who were holding the flashlights. After looking carefully she notices it were the popular twins from school.
“Come on! She has to be here!” Says Jane as they were looking for her sister. Slowly the large creature walks towards them, its long, shaggy fur following each step.
The two pair of twins walk away knowing the creature was following them. Soon enough Midnight spotted Kristen, just then Midnight starts running away trying to keep her secret.
“No, Mid-!” just then blood started to drip from its claw, as she killed each sister one by one. Kristen tried to get up and run, but her leg had been scratched from the fall. When she turned around midnight had been standing in front of her.
“Don’t kill me,” whispers Kristen, “I’ll forget everything I know.” Midnight knew she was telling the truth because …she was her secret best friend. It nods and turns around. After it’s gone, she goes back to check on her friends. She found another way of getting down; helping her friends escape before anyone else knew.
The next day, Midnight walks up to Kristen with a newspaper.
“Weird, huh?” she says looking at the head line, ‘A MURDER TO BE SOLVED.’ “Two pair of twins…four dead. What’s next? Six suspects?” she winks and walks away down the hall.
“That’s odd…” Kristen says to herself, as she watches Midnight’s hair slowly turn to black.

My best friend Alice, told me a dream she had. I developed this story from her dream.

supersmile said...
*cough* *cough* based on my dream *cough* *cough*