Far Far Away's Rehab Center ( for disney princesses) | Teen Ink

Far Far Away's Rehab Center ( for disney princesses)

By creativespirit1996 BRONZE, Davie, Florida
creativespirit1996 BRONZE, Davie, Florida

Music is my medicine , writing is my escape, art is my gateway to make the world a better place.

Far Far Away’s Rehab Center , is specially designed for treating Disney princesses with abnormal psychological disorders. This fairytale follows Fiona, a fellow Disney princess, working as a therapist in the Rehab center. Princess Aurora and Cinderella sit around Fiona as they talk about their psychological disorders and share their stories. Before Disney princesses met their Prince Charming and became queens, they struggled with psychological disorders as a child, during their tween years. Today Fiona leads princesses in discussion through her rehab center located in her homeland , Far Far Away. She is a therapist who has stuggled with a disorder herself.

She had a severe anxiety disorder pertaining to working hard and struggling to keep her deep dark secret away from others. A long time ago Fiona was cursed. Ever since a witch spelled her, when the sun goes down Fiona turns into an Ogre. She would get extremely anxious around other people and villagers , always worried about anyone finding out that this princess lived as an ogre at night. Fiona was always tense and her eyes would twitch . Her mind was poisoned with worried thoughts and flooded with ideas about bad things that could happen if anyone would see the other side of her life. Fiona would tremble, perspire from nerves and become jittery . As a result of her anxiety , Fiona suffered panic attacks. During an episode of a panic attack , she had a shortness of breath , dizziness, and trembling. The princess times her daily goals and accomplishments and records them. It would be a good day if she got anything accomplished off of her list and was in her home before sunset.

One evening , Fiona was found near her home seeming to be having a heart attack. After a long, busy day she lost track of time; when she realized how late it was, the red-headed tween started rushing home. While running to her place, a second was spent to look back at the horizon. The sun had already begun to set and was disappearing behind the Valley Mountains. All hope vanished regarding to making it back home in time. Anxiety engulfed her body and took her as prisoner. Her body collapsed to the ground and she started experiencing heart palpitations and a sensation in her throat compared to choking .

A bystander saw Fiona as an Ogre as she was suffering through her panic attack. Everyone hunted ogres and Fiona was not an exception. The stranger took out a bow and reached into his bag for an arrow. A few minutes passed from the time Fiona collapsed to the ground. Her episode ended and when she realized what was going on she escaped into the woods. The man never got to her but he definitely left his mark. Fiona was so scared that she trapped herself in a castle, far ,far away.

Cinderella’s life changed when she gained a step mother and two step sisters. Cinderella loved her father dearly so she wanted to make a great impression on her new step-mother and two step-sisters. Cinderella became obsessed with cleaning. She would iron the blanket covers after making everybody’s bed. The house would be swept, vacuumed , and moped three times a day after every meal. Her purse always contained equipment for any scenario that needed immediate sanitation action. If someone would sneeze, they would be handed a tissue to blow their nose, hand sanitizer to eliminate germs that have landed on the skin, and last but not least a tiny febreeze bottle would be taken out of the princess’s bag and the liquid would be sprayed to extinguish airborne pathogens.

At first everyone would tolerate her obsessive habits; furthermore, they saw it as nothing more than to keep everyone safe from illness. However, she started to take things to the extreme and started going a little bit too far. The princess ordered for all doors of the house to be taken off of its hinges, this way people could avoid touching door handles. A phone was known to be layered in a stack of germs , so going near a phone was not an option. If need be , the telephone would be put on speaker phone and she would respond to the person on the phone-line from the other side of the room. Cinderella was diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive disorder or OCD for short. This Disney princess seeks therapeutic treatment to minimize her OCD so that she could live a normal, easy-going life that she would one day share with a loving husband.

Next we have Princess Aurora and Sleeping Beauty who care to share their story. Princess Aurora was blessed with fairy godmothers. All three of them argued over the color of the dress that they designed for Aurora for when she would turn sixteen years of age. They contemplated between the colors blue and pink. Pink, for Aurora was as sweet as a rose. The color blue, resembling the painted sky. The hue also matched the princess’s nickname, Sleeping Beauty. Colors exploded out of wands and blasted on the walls while altering the change of color splashes on Aurora’s dress. Sparks surrounded the dress and magic gave the dress a personality of its own.
When Aurora wears the dress the fabric will change color and alternate back and forth between the two colors. When the dress is dyed pink Aurora is a princess just as when she was born. A humble , innocently sweet-loving young lady glowed in the dress. She would gain a sense of self- confidence and become very hyper , over talkative , and energetic. The dress had an alter-ego, when the fabric morphed into a blue hue. Now encompassed in the same body was Sleeping Beauty, who held a personality that repels against that of the pink dress. The blue dress displayed a grumpy, cranky, depressed adolescent who was sleeping deprived and easily agitated. The Disney princess shifts between an optimistic, lighthearted girl living life to the fullest to a pessimistic individual in a deep depression.
The three fairy godmothers Flora , Fauna , and Merryweather placed Aurora in Far Far Away’s Rehab center for Disney princesses so that Aurora could be her sweet self instead of changing into an alter ego and swapping personalities. Princess Aurora was diagnosed with Personality disorder. Prince Charming is shown in the Aurora’s future and she needs to follow through the designed treatment process in preparation to meet her future husband.

Fiona went through cognitive as well as humanistic therapies. Cognitive therapy aims to change self-defeating thinking by training people to look at themselves in new, more positive ways. Fiona was told to look in the mirror and tell herself that she was beautiful until she believed it and convinced herself that she was. Fiona stopped being nervous around people. She just acted like the princess she was born to be . She regulated her activities and was confident in herself to be responsible enough to get home in time. She was used to the time she had during the day to get things accomplished. As a result, the princess no longer worried about being late or rushing home because she knew her time limits. Her panic attacks were minimal and would rarely occur. Everyone in the village saw that she was a less anxious princess. Her symptoms such as trembling and twitching her eyes stopped. Except for once in a while she would become a little bit anxious and her eyes would slightly twitch but it wasn’t as dramatic as before. This time her nerves got worked up for another reason. Word was getting around that there was an ogre lurking around the swamp and he was on wanted signs.’’ His name was Shrek, and I was interested,’’ said Fiona with a sigh.

Cinderella went through psychoanalysis which helps people gain insight onto the unconscious origin of their disorder and works through the accompanying feelings. During her early childhood experience, she lost her father to an infectious disease when he became ill from an unknown contamination. Every since then , the princess feared for loved ones as we all live in a germ-filled world. She wanted to please her deceased father. By cleaning and sanitizing everything to avoid illness she thought she was making her father proud. Cinderella was educated on good bacteria that could help us and is naturally inside of our stomachs. She learned that not all bacteria are bad. Cinderella gained knowledge on the immune system and how it functions. She now knows that when a bacterium enters the body, the bacterium is killed through the body’s immune system. The princess’s prognosis was that she would live through her OCD. She was advised when and how to wash her hands to lower her risk of her hands getting eczema and dryness from over washing. The doors were placed back on its hinges. The princess started talking on the phone again but now she had her own personal phone that she would not let anyone use. She started wearing white gloves as part of her outfit. Wearing gloves means that she would not have to touch everything with her bare hands. Cinderella also wears glass slippers so that she would be able to identify dirt on the slippers and maintain them. As a result Cinderella’s glass slippers are always known to be clean, clear, and shiny. People know that Cinderella wears white gloves and glass slippers but they think it’s a fashion choice not a cover up for hiding her OCD.

Humanistic therapy was used on Aurora. This treatment focuses on the client’s current conscious feelings and her responsibility for her own growth. Active listening was used to express genuinely, acceptance, and empathy. Aurora felt bad that her fairy godmothers were arguing over the color of the dress. She wanted to please everyone so she decided to alternate between the blue and pink dress. Now for Aurora’s prognosis, the old dress was discarded and a new dress was made for the princesses sixteenth birthday. Aurora was herself again. Everything was perfect at the ball, Aurora was proposed to by her true love, a prince! But then the fairy godmothers began to feud again. The color wars were back in action. With a flick of the wand the dress got hit like a target in a paintball arena. The fabric transformed between blue and pink. Sparks surrounded Aurora and her dress. A double personality emerged from the dress just as what happened before with the first dress. Aurora looked back at her fairy godmothers and with a smirk and an evil twinkle in her eye said, ‘’Daja vu.’’

I wrote this piece as a psychology lab for school. I emailed the story to my friend and she loved it. With her suggestion i decided to enter it in a magazine. This story is about three disney princesses who have psychological disorders. I hope that people will enjoy this story as much as my friend and I did.