We: The Last

It was depressing, looking out upon the wasteland before me. I had read books and seen movies depicting the future. Flying cars, time machines, tridimensional-whatchamacallits. But that was a fantasy. This was reality. An eternally burning, radioactive minefield of rock, hot, twisted metal, and more rock. Not a true living thing for thousands of miles. The humans had destroyed themselves. I sat at the remains of a once tall building. I was on the edge of a maze of broken skyscrapers, lifted concrete, crashed planes, bombshells, and bones. That was where We lived. That is, if you could call it living. We were only half alive. We were simply, We. that is what we called ourselves.

Hanban12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Please, please, PLEASE keep writing! I love thid idea- I cant wait to hear more!!

Cat-Girl said...
Please keep on writing! This ends in a cliffhanger; it's begging to be turned into a complete story. It has an suspenseful plotline; you just need some characters. :D

Atl.Braves03 replied...
Nov. 29, 2012 at 12:32 am
You have a flow to your writing that so many people just can't achieve. It's a talent and I hope you keep developing it.

Cat-Girl replied...
Thank you so much! You have no idea how much that made my day better. I've been making up stories since I was four... You are an amazing author, also! Your fictional story had excellent description with a twist of reality, and I really do hope that you build up on it. :)

Shadowcreeper said...
Thank you! I guess I'll start writing, then :)

MarisaCoulterCrazyWriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:55 am
Love this! It's very realistic :)