To Be A Vampire | Teen Ink

To Be A Vampire

By AlyssaGriffin BRONZE, Wilmington, North Carolina
AlyssaGriffin BRONZE, Wilmington, North Carolina

Late again i thought to my self as I ran to my homeroom. Before I walked through the door I brushed my brown hair out of my face. As i entered the room my teacher, looked at me and said "you must be our new student Violet Shawb. Feel free to come on time tomorrow. I know your new here but even you have to follow the rules like everyone else. Please take a seat any where you chose". I felt my cheeks flush red from embarrassment so I quickly scanned the room for a desk; I found on next to the window and I went and sat down.

"Now students, please get out your literature books and read chapters 1-6 page 17. No talking and get to work." The teacher said with a very calm disposition then from what she used on me. I let out a sigh and went to get my book out of my bag when suddenly a crumbled up sheet of paper hit me in the back of my head.

"Oww.." I said as a grimace came across my face. I turned around to see who had thrown it at me but know one seemed to notice. Flustered, I continued to get my book and read the chapters.

Later that day after class I was walking down the hallway when a boy from my class tripped me. All of my books went flying and I sprawled out on the floor.

" You okay?" A lull voice asked. It was a boy. He had black hair that covered his green eyes and surpassingly pale.

" Yeah. thanks." I answered. Then I realized that one of my books had hit him and added," Im so sorry I really didn't mean to hit you. I must have tripped or something. I cant believ-" The boy interrupted me and said " I really don't care. Hurry up and pick up your things your drawing a crowd." Stunded, I nodded and picked up my last book and kept walking down the hallway to my locker. When I finally got there I put up my books,grabbed my back and went outside. I walked to an old trail that led from the school to my neighbor hood. The trail led through an overgrown forest which I really didn't like. As I was walking though the forest I heard a rustle in the leaves behind me. Startled I jumped around to see what was back there. After a cursory glance I saw nothing so I kept going and went home.

The next few days were pretty much the same but the boy who kept pestering me stopped after a unexpected visit from the principle. I also learned that the boy with the black hair is in my class and his name is Alucard. The one thing that kept changing was that everyday as I walked through the trail I always hear a sound behind me. Its almost like someone- or something is following me. Today as walked home it was chilly but the air was dry and crisp.

Crackle. I heard the sound again but this time it was louder and didn't stop. Crackle, crackle, crackle. I stopped and stood there, and looked around. I saw the light break through the trees. The wind blew my long hair into my face. I could feel something was going to happen. I tried to run but my body felt paralyzed; I was glued to the spot. I was so scared that I couldn't even open my mouth to scream. I felt something brush against me. I swung around then I saw a tall man. His red lips bright against his pale face. Blonde hair hung in front of his red eyes. He smiled showing a pair of blood thirsty fangs. Suddenly he reached forward with with speed so fast a didn't have time to move. He grabbed me and I felt his fangs pierce my neck. A streak of pain pulsed through my body. Unexpectedly something tackled my attacker nocking me out of his grip .I fell to the ground and tried to get up, but I was to weak. As I looked up and through my blurry vision, I could make out Alucard for a few moments then everything went black.

A few hours later I woke up. I felt really dizzy and couldn't really move. Reluctantly I leaned up and looked around. After a quick scan of the room, I realized I was in someones house laying on a uncomfortable, pale couch. I tried to stand up but someone said" I wouldn't do that if I was you. your still really weak." I turned my head to see Alucard sitting in a similar chair next to the couch.

"Where am I," I asked.

" My house," Alucard answered with a sigh.

"Why am I here? Ow. Why I'm I in so much pain? I can hardly move."

Reluctantly Alucard answered" You were attacked by a vampire, you had most of your blood taking out and since he bit you you became a vampire your self. The reason your here is because I had no where else to take you and I could just let you stay in the woods and die or something. I may be mean but I'm not that mean"

"Why did you save me? How did you know I was being attacked? Where's the other vampire?"

" Man you ask a lot of questions. I just did okay? And don't worry, that other vampire ran away realizing he was fighting something stronger than him." Alucard stood up and walked into the kitchen. A few minutes later he came back with two glasses filled with and brilliant red drink and offered me one. Since I was really thirsty I gladly excepted it and drank some.

"What is this," i asked.It was one of the best drinks i've ever had.

Alucard laughed and said, " That my friend, is blood"

"WHAT? That is disgusting I don't want this," Puzzled I gave him back the glass and for the first time I saw Alucard smile, relviling his sharp, and very intriguing fangs. Shocked, I got up and backed away.

"What?" asked Alucard.

"Your a...a...your a vampire?" I studdered

"Um... yeah! So are you! Don't act so surprised...gosh" he responded

"Im NOT a vampire. Theres no way" I said as I went over to a mirror that was hanging on the wall. I looked at my reflection and realized that I did have fangs." What? When...why.. why did this happen to me?" Suddenly I burst into tears.

" Wait! No, uh... don't cry its not that bad. So what we're blood sucking monsters. Who cares? Okay! Crying isn't going to change you back so you might as well stop!" Realizing that he had a point, I did stop crying, then I asked him" Is there a way to turn me back?"

Alucard suddenly had a frown come across his face and said"No. If there was, I would have changed back already. I've been a vampire for 600 years"

Stunned I said," Your 600 years old? How are you like not, DEAD?"

Alucard smiled once more and said " Vampires are immortal. We can never die unless we get stabbed in the heart with a stake."

"But I don't want to be immortal, I want to grow up and be a normal teenager," Tears came to my eyes again.

Alucard responded by saying," Don't we all? Now come on, its time to get you home." Alucard got up and walked over to the door. Slowly I got up to and followed him outside were we found a shocking scene. The house was surrounded by vampires. "Whats going on?" i asked with a tremulous voice.

"I don't know. Violet, get inside now and don't come out until I say so," Alucard ordered.

"Aww look at you trying to be all tuff and save your girl friend," Said one of the vampires and all of them laughed.

" She's not my girl friend!" Alucard yelled

"Really? Thats what you care about right now?" I screamed at him. All of the vampires charged at Alucard and I. I screamed as Alucard was tackled by at least 10 other vampires. Then one vampire grabbed me and threw me all the way across Alucard's yard where I hit a tree. My whole body went numb and i looked down and saw blood pouring out of my stomach were a limb from the tree had ripped through my back all the way to my stomach. I screamed out in pain, even for a vampire, this hurt really bad. Suddenly Alucard jumped out of all the vampires and ran over to me.

"Violet? Violet are you okay? Listen to me, your going to be fine. It didn't touch your heart so you shouldn't die," Alucard said. I looked at him and realized he wasn't doing so good him self, he had a broken arm, lots of cuts, and bruises. I tried to say something but words wouldn't come out. I saw a vampire come up behind Alucard and he held up a stake. I finally scream for alucard to move but it was to late, the vampire stabbed the stake into Alucard's heart. Alucard let out one final gasp and fell to the ground next to me. I screamed and tears rushed down my cheeks. I looked up at the vampire and as I saw the red glow from his eyes I said one word, "Why?" Then the vampire stabbed me in the heart. I looked at Alucard, then everything went black.
TO BE CONTINUED...

I'm slowly writing this story so this is just what I've got so far, i hope you like it!