The Tale of The Guild | Teen Ink

The Tale of The Guild

August 17, 2012
By Johnny99 GOLD, Newport News, Virginia
Johnny99 GOLD, Newport News, Virginia
19 articles 0 photos 69 comments

Favorite Quote:
A rose and a flame, are just the same.


The Introduction



On a rock high above the town of Rictvale, stood five odd figures. In the front stood their leader. He was huge, a daunting form to say the least. Standing at 6' 11” his entire body made of muscle. On his back was the biggest battleaxe ever created for a human. Next to that was a diamond-shaped shield, made of pure steel and painted with a blood red dragon. By his side leans the fabled broad sword Brorin. Of course, The Warrior was also skilled in hand-to-hand combat.


From behind, the beautiful figure of The Priestess approaches. She kisses The Warrior's cheek, the closest any human has gotten without dying. The Priestess's white and pink robes fit her perfectly, her staff topped with a glistening moonstone. If you thought her looks were amazing, wait until you hear of her skills. She graduated top of her class in all of her classes. She knew everything there was to know about white magic, and was strong enough to use them too. She had been called to every bed in the world, for more then one reason, but now she was traveling the world, making stops for a coin or two.


On his other side was The Huntress. Her lithe form is hidden only by scraps of the skins of her prey. She stalks through the shadows, letting the light fall upon her only once she knew the coast was clear. Her bone daggers made no sound, as did her tooth necklace. A crossbow hangs upon her back, a quiver on her thigh. Her eyes drift to The Monk, careful not to bring notice to herself. By her side stands a glaring tiger. Raised from a cub by The Huntress, she's The Huntress’s extra ears and nose. Her ferocity and speed make her a formidable foe, even without The Huntress.


Behind them stands The Monk. His eyes cringe at the sight of the Priestess's kiss, but his face doesn't move. Trained in fighting with his willow bow-staff, and in the magic of the mystical Aura, he can kill almost instantly. His speed is matched only The Huntress, and together they are the perfect team. Unfortunately, his forbidden affections lie somewhere else.


The Warrior turns his head, “Ready?” He asks in his deep voice. The priestess leans on him “Of course, my love.” The others nod. “Then let us go” and he sets off, the others following close behind.


These are the members of The Guild.


Chapter 1: Finding Work


As they entered town, people shied from them. Perhaps they were all that threatening, perhaps it was their leader. They went straight to the Tavern, the best place for board and room. As they entered, the Tavern emptied. The Warrior's eyes narrowed “Who's there?” From the shadows in the back of the room came a small, quick eyed man. “We heard there was a group of thugs in our time.” The Priestess stepped up “We are no thugs. We have come seeking work.” The bandit motioned faintly, “ Our jobs? We work hard for our money, and we don't want any riff-raff coming and taking that money away!” From behind him came six more bandits.

The Monk's eyes narrowed. Two for him, Two for The Warrior, Two for The Huntress. The Cleric could take their leader. The Huntress won first blood, shooting her first arrow through the far right bandit's heart. He crumpled, bleeding from his two flesh wounds. The Warrior and The Monk struck in time, reaching the enemies front lines quickly. With a muted “thunk” the first's head hit the ground, the second fell backward. He seemed unharmed, but his body was stiff, and anyone with an eye for aura could tell how he died. The next three were dead on the ground before they could react.

The Priestess walked up to the first bandit. “What's your name?” The bandit seemed to be debating blushing and running away. “Th-theodore.” The Priestess smiled. He was hers. “Tell me, Theodore, what is your gang called?” Theodore stumbled. How did she know? “ Ouroboursus.” The Priestess's staff slammed into his skull, cracking it wide open. She spun around. “Come, these redeemers must have some gold upon them, and perhaps we can catch a pretty penny from those who want them dead.” The Monk and The Huntress grabbed a few, too light coin purses, and followed the other two out the door. The Huntress was careful as she came dangerously close to The Monk.

Outside, they began their search. This is how The Guild found their first job in Rictvale.


The author's comments:
This is the introduction and first chapter. I left it hanging for this reason: I want you guys to finish my story. Send me a link to what you think the next chapter, but check the comments above, and add to theirs!