Soul Implant | Teen Ink

Soul Implant

By Styxxx BRONZE, Tacoma, Washington
Styxxx BRONZE, Tacoma, Washington

If you know the enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. If you know yourself and not the enemy, for every victory gain you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will sir come to every battle (Sun Tzu).

“The soul is ready for transfer,” Chen said as he took the two basins from Hero and poured one in the other. Both souls intertwined with one another and created the color pink, which was odd to Chen as he had never seen a pink soul before, never having done this operation before.

“Our theory worked. When two floating souls meet they are bound to one another. But why the color pink?” Hero asked, astounded.

“I don’t know,” Chen thought out loud, but he was mostly talking to himself. He hated not knowing things. At times he wished his Omniscience would just kick in when he really needed it.

Once the implant finished, Chen walked outsid,e taking in the foreign air that Earth supplied. Humans are odd creatures, not knowing what’s going on right in front of them. Thinking that everything has to be normal and perfect, but Chen knew what humans did not know. The human population was dying. Actually, they were not dying, they were disappearing (at least their souls were).

Chen, she’s waking, Hero articulated slowly through his thoughts.

I’ll be there in a minute. Chen answered right back

He vanished in the shadows, which was one of many abilities Implanters possess. Chen materialized right next to the girl. The girl had long black hair, blue eyes, and marble white skin. She had on a black skirt and a white v-neck tank top that clung to her body. As the girl just lay there her body started to shake.

“WH-What do you want with me?” The once mundane girl stuttered, which was odd to Chen. Usually the newly implanted soul at first would over power the vessels body, showing that the implant worked, and he then would have to erase the vessels mind and revive the human soul that was trapped during the implantation.

“What is your name, mundane?” Chen said harshly.

“Kimberly.” She whispered so low that if Chen was just a tad bit farther he wouldn’t be able to hear her

“Kimberly, you won’t remember anything.” Chen lifted his hand and pointed at her forehead. An orange glow shot out of his hand and her eyes were forced closed again.

Kimberly woke up screaming and her brother emerged through the door. She thrashed back and forth, screaming, and her brother grasped her hands trying to calm her down and after a while she reluctantly calmed down. She didn’t open her eyes, not wanting her brother to see the redness in her eyes from the tears that she had just begun to shed.

“Kara.” Her brother used the nick name that her mother used to call her before the implanters came for her and that made Kimberly cry even harder than she already was. “It was just a dream.”

“I-I,” Kimberly couldn’t form her sentence, not knowing if her dream was real or not. She hoped that it was just a dream like Jason said, but deep inside she could feel that it wasn’t a dream and that she was not normal anymore, but she knows that she is something more, something more powerful, and it excited her significantly.

“Kara,” he hesitated, not knowing if he should continue or just let his sister be. He chose the latter. “What’s wrong?”

“I’m one of them.” Kimberly said coldly, but she felt power rising up inside her and it felt good but, he couldn’t believe it. He didn’t want to believe it. He shook his head once and twice not wanting to believe that they have her now.

“You can’t be.” Jason heard his own voice choking with tears that threatened to come forth.

“Please kill me.” Jason could hear his sisters light and shy voice again, but he shook his head. Kimberly was the only one that he had left in the world and he couldn’t let her go. No, he wouldn’t kill her.

“Please, I beg of you. Kill me. Do it for mom’s sake.” Kimberly cried and Jason noticed something changed within his sister and he stiffened.

Kimberly got up without the need to open her eyes and when she noticed her brother still hesitating to kill her she opened her eyes and saw her brother for the first time through these eyes. She smiled with a malevolent grin as her brother’s eyes widened and he stepped back.

Jason shoved his hand inside his tux that he still had on from his date a few hours ago, and he pulled out a silver gun. He took a hesitant step forward and aimed at his sister’s chest.

This is for mom. He told himself and he pulled the trigger. Not even one scream broke out, but blood exploded everywhere like a bomb explosion. He fell to the ground after being sprayed by his own sister’s blood.
“I’m sorry mom, but I can’t live without my sister.” And Jason pulled the trigger.

When I was reading Host that most certainly inspired me