Return, | Teen Ink

Return,

April 27, 2012
By mega.fyre BRONZE, Sandy, Utah
mega.fyre BRONZE, Sandy, Utah
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
The best of us must sometimes eat our words.
Albus Dumbledore


Rumors were abundant surrounding the small shrine in the middle of the continent. Some said it was a trap, others that it was cursed. No one knew the purpose of the Time’s Temple. Most visitors knew only that it was to honor the lost God of Time, Ellion. The doors were sealed, waiting for the only person who held the proper keys to open it.
It was time.
The Keys of Life, Death, and Magic were in his hands. He was a master of Air Magic, the supposed start of Ellion’s rise to becoming a god. He had trained under the best of the masters, and was ready to test them.
He inserted the Keys, and the rusted doors slowly swung open. The air was stale, ancient, and as old as the universe itself. He stepped inside, sending a powerful gust inside, removing feet of dust.
The wind revealed a series of instructions for the guest. Many suggested leaving, yet he was unfazed. He saw the clocks on the floor, and the frayed and broken ropes connected to broken traps.
He noticed that the creators obviously expected that it would be opened much sooner. He walked slowly, watching for the breaking floor and still set traps. He took only a few steps before the wooden floor had given way, and he fell.
The bottom level of the Temple was barren, save a small door at the end of the long corridor. He didn’t trust the emptiness of the room, and threw a small piece of bread down the hallway. He watched as the bread was vaporized.
“Overkill,” he muttered.
He sent a silent to prayer to the God of Magic, Ma’on, and continued forward. A calm feeling settled over him, and he reached the door, tasting the arcane magic in the air. The door opened, and he felt the presence of three individuals surrounding him.
“Fate,” A stern female voice said, “Shall he pass?”
“Of course,” Another female responded politely, “He is the One.”
“Balance,” A male said, “Let him pass.”
The voices confused him, but as soon as the last word was uttered, the presences were gone. The boy shrugged it off, and saw what the Temple was hiding. A ruby in the shape of a clock set on a large pedestal was beginning to send out bright pulses of light.
The boy picked Time’s Ruby up, and a voice unlike any other he had ever heard filled the room. It spoke with the voice of ancients, the power of history, and the knowledge of what is yet to come.
“I HAVE RETURNED”
The Ruby broke, and a light blinded the boy. When he finally regained his sight, the boy saw someone his own age, garbed in a black suit. His brown hair draped over his eyes, showing thousands of more years than that which his body showed.
“Did anyone miss me?” The new boy asked
The boy smiled, “Welcome back, Ellion, God of Time.”


The author's comments:
So, this is just an idea I had a while back, and this part takes place in the middle of it, or I think it does. I am still working out the actual plot, but I still like this scene.