Dr. Alistar and Peatra | Teen Ink

Dr. Alistar and Peatra

By BeatlesBabe195 SILVER, Baltimore, Maryland
BeatlesBabe195 SILVER, Baltimore, Maryland

The first thing I remember after waking up was the fact that I could not feel my body. I could move my neck, but that was about it. It felt as if the rest of my body from the neck down was gone. I only knew my body wasn't gone because of the sharp pain that would shoot through my entire body every few minutes.

When I first opened my eyes, all I saw was bright light. After my eyes had adjusted, I realized I was lying on my back and staring at a white ceiling. I had no clue where I was. I attempted to get up and investigate my location, but found that my whole body was numb. It was time for Plan B. I began to scream at the top of my lungs for help. That's when a woman with dark black hair that stopped at her chin in an edgy fashion entered the room.

The mysterious woman approached me. 'Good,' she said in a high-pitched, almost robotic voice, 'you're awake.' She hovered above me, staring down at me. She had light brown eyes that seemed to be staring deep inside of you, instead of looking directly at you. Her pale skin looked smooth and polished, not a blemish or wrinkle anywhere in sight. Her thin black eyebrows seemed to stay arched at all times. Her nose was almost perfectly sized, not too fat or skinny and not too big or small. Her mouth was rather small and was covered by thin lips.

She walked over towards the wall and began to approach what looked like a control panel. 'Excuse me ma'am,' I choked out nervously, 'Who are you? What am I doing here?'

She stiffly turned around, and revealed a grin that would have sent a shiver down my spine, if I could have felt it. 'That, my dear,' she said, 'Is confidential. Don't you worry your pretty little head. It will all be over soon.' Her high-pitched voice didn't help calm my nerves, it only spiked more fear. She turned back to the wall and pressed a bright red button. 'Dr. Alistar, the subject is ready.' Subject? Doctors don't have subjects, they have patients. There was something terribly wrong going on.

About a minute later, a rather short man entered the room. He was bald, yet had what we call a 'handlebar' mustache. He had aviator prescription glasses on that seemed to keep slipping down his fat nose. He approached me, followed by the woman. 'Dr. Alistar,' she said, 'This is your subject.'

'She's young,' he said as he looked me over, 'that's perfect.'

I was apparently tied to the table I was lying on, because the woman undid the restraint on my right arm and held it in her own arms. I couldn't fight her off, since I still had no feeling in my body. 'I'll finally be able to show the world that you can make a cyborg!' Dr. Alistar yelled. This crazy man who stood before me wanted to make me into a cyborg, and I couldn't do anything about it? This was not good, not good at all. 'Peatra, would you mind injecting the patient with my special anesthesia?' The woman who's name I had finally learned held up a syringe that held an odd-looking green liquid in it. She pierced the tip of the syringe into a vein in my right arm, and then everything went black.

I woke up screaming and sweating. I sat up in bed. I was home! I wasn't with Dr. Alistar or Peatra and I wasn't going to become a cyborg!It was all just a dream. I got up out of bed and slowly made my way across my bedroom and into my private bathroom. Just as I was about to splash some water on my face, I noticed a rather large bruise on my right arm. The syringe. It wasn't just a dream, the terrifying events I had encountered with Dr. Alistar and Peatra were real! I looked up into the mirror and was shocked at what I saw staring at me. Half of my face looked normal. The other half, however, was made of metal. There were wires and nuts and bolts everywhere! I tried to pull the metal off of my face to no avail. It wasn't just a nightmare. Dr. Alistar and Peatra had really made me into a cyborg.

cra-z lu-c said...
great job, very descriptive!