Midnight | Teen Ink

Midnight

January 19, 2012
By stephymendoza BRONZE, Midvale, Utah
stephymendoza BRONZE, Midvale, Utah
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Preface: A cold hand pressed at the bare skin of her shoulder. She breathed out long and hard. He knew this feeling, he hI'mself had felt it a while ago, but that was in the past. He wanted her and he would have her.

1:

"Alice, Are you going to want a ride home or not?" Asked Brenda, An old friend of Alice.

"No, I'd rather walk. And i prefer walking in the dark. It helps me think better." She said waving bye to Brenda.

The night air was warm. The wind making it a little bit cooler than usual. Alice loved this tI'me of the year. Being able to wear those short shorts, tank tops and her favorite old worn-out sandals.

Her light blue eyes watered as a strong gust of wind came by. She put her hand up to her eyes trying to stop the watering. Turning her head to the side she noticed she was passing by the cemetery. A sadness washed over her as she thought about her mom who had recently passed away. Without thinking about it she took her phone out of her purse and made a new message, 'dad I'm going to stop by and see mom for a few minutes be home shortly after that. love you.' she texted and walked in through the gates.

Alice felt eyes watching her as she sat next to her moms grave. She instantly ignored the feeling and went on thinking about her mom.

After what seemed like only five minutes her phone went off. 'Sweetie, it's tI'me to come home. Its fifteen minutes til midnight. I don't want you walking home so late by yourself.' she read.

The alley was dark but it was the only way for Alice to get home quickly, so she took the chance and started walking through it.

Foot-steps seemed to be coming from behind her, she looked back but saw no one. Her heartbeat became quicker. She tried to calm down but nothing seemed to be working.
"It's all my I'magination. No one is behind me. It is just my mind playing tricks on me." she said to herself. Is it? You felt someone watching you before at the cemetery, But you just ignored it. What if that same person is watching you now?

She stopped walking to catch her breath. A cold hand pressed at the bare skin of her shoulder. She breathed out long and hard. He knew this feeling, he hI'mself had felt it a while ago, but that was in the past. He wanted her and he would have her.

Alice turned around. Red eyes stared back at her. They pierced her skin. There was a look in his eyes that she couldn't recognize.

"What do you want?" she asked her voice shaking.
The guy laughed. It had rage and desire mixed in with it.
"Oh that doesn't matter now." He grinned, showing perfectly straight teeth.

She looked around while stepping back. He shook his head.

"You can't run away. The fun hasn't even begun yet," he started "I would have had you earlier but she wouldn't let me get close enough. I should have known, would have known if i hadn't been to excited. Everyone gets excited sometI'mes, don't they?" he cocked his head to the side and watched Alice with curiosity.

Alice tried to process everything he was saying but she couldn't quite understand. Her heart was racing and she could tell he knew too. Alice thought about her mom. Always being so protective. Even if she got it wrong it was still worth a try.

"Was it my mom?" she asked looking away from his blood red eyes and pearly white teeth.

"Little Alice finally got it. Yes that stupid wench kept getting in my way. But i finally got rid of her." He laughed again.

"Why me?"
"The question my dear is why not you." He mumbled and turned around observing his surroundings. Alice ran. She ran as fast as she could. The wind hit her face like cold little needles poking her. She turned the corner but he was already there.
"You really shouldn't do that." The guy ran a finger across her forehead while licking his lips. Alice turned her face away as a tear escaped her eye. The tip of his tongue catched the tear as it was halfway down her cheek.

"Aren't you wondering what I'm going to do with you now that i have you?" He questioned.

Alice had asked herself what he was going to do with her but she didn't dare ask hI'm. She didn't want to know what he was going to. How many other girls had been killed by this man? three? four? maybe even more?

A sharp pain struck her deep in her right side. Her vision blurred. The taste of copper filled her mouth. Blood. Cold breaths came closer and closer to her throat. The flicker of his tongue on her skin made her shiver; in fear and disgust. Teeth dug deeper and deeper into her flesh, easily. Faintly she heard him moan in delight. She had tried to move her leg but it hadn't cooperated. She had already lost too much blood.

"You taste much better than what I I'magined!"

It was no longer a warm summer night. The air cold and eerie.
"Little Alice, would you like a taste of me too?" The mans bitter laugh filled the empty streets.
Its as if everyone were dead.
or...
Almost everyone.