Fearless Sophie's Final Fear | Teen Ink

Fearless Sophie's Final Fear

By EllieRose BRONZE, Danvers, Massachusetts
EllieRose BRONZE, Danvers, Massachusetts

"Freedom lies in being bold." Robert Frost

It was a cool, October evening. Halloween to be specific. My friends had dragged me to another Halloween party this year and the guys decided it would be funny to dare me to go into the woods. No big deal for 'Fearless Sophie' as they called me. Nothing scared me, I had no fears. They dared me to go in the woods and stay in there until midnight, when they would come in and get me. Of course I did it, I had no reason not to. I was in for about ten minutes before I saw the red eyes.
"Ha Ha guys. Wicked funny." No one laughed. Not a sound came at all. Then they went away and I moved faster. The eyes were in front of me now and I turned around, ready to walk the other way. The eyes darted around to face me again. I ran, afraid for the first time in a long time.

The rocks and forest debris slipped and slid under my sneakers as I ran. My breath hard and my long black hair, long fallen from it's tie, whipped my face. I didn't dare turn around; for fear that those silent red eyes would be there. Fear and adrenaline were the only things keeping me going. Those eyes, like fire, burning the back of my head. I kept running. Feeling my imminent demise approaching, I tripped, falling head over heels into a tree. Barely feeling anthing, I was up and in a fighting stance. If I was going to die, I was going down fighting.

The eyes, getting closer, yet I heard nothing, but the sound of my quick, shallow breathes. The eyes grew, larger and larger, and a man descended out of the darkness. He was beautiful, unearthly so. He came farther into the soft moonlight showing through the treetops. His red eyes didn't light up as much as they did before, but were now a shocking emerald green. His aphotic hair fell slightly in his eyes. His dark clothes clung tightly to him.
"Do you think it's okay to chase teenage girls through the woods at night?" I screamed. He didn't say a word. He just sood there, silently staring. "Is there something wrong with you? Who are you?" I shouted.
My name is of no importance, yet. His deep, melodic voice threw shivers down my spine. His mouth didn't move, yet his voice rang through my head.
"What are you!" I bawled, tears falling down my face.
Your destiny. He moved quickly, silently forward, one hand on my cheek, the other on my arm. This won't hurt for long. Before I could ask what, I felt it. Two sharp, little stings on my neck. Then, white darkness and deafening silence enveloped me. Liquid warmth on my neck. My knees buckled beneath me, but strong arms had me in their grasp. I wanted to scream, I knew I should, but I couldn't. Nothing came out, but a shallow gasp. Then, there was nothingness. No rustling leaves, shallow gasps, or nocturnal animals. Dead, complete, absolute silence. You think that would worry me even more, but I felt calm, peaceful even. Sound meant hope, a chance of fighting back, but I have to accept the unacceptable. You do, but not in the way you are thinking, my love.
Who are you and what do you want?
I'm your soul mate, Sophie. We're meant to be together, forever.
What are you?
You know what I am; you just don't want to believe. You will though, soon enough.
I woke up in a dark bedroom. It had light blue walls and a white ceiling. A musty smell was in the air. I was in a bed and there was an unusual looking handmade quilt covering me. It was a plain and ordinary room. I tried to stand, but my legs wouldn't hold me. I fell to the bed and my head hit off the wall. Someone in the darkened corner of the room stood up and walked towards the door. I could hear them, whoever it was, locking the door. I could tell from the dark silloette that it was the man from the woods.
"You've finally awoken, my dear..."

I may be young, but writing is what comes naturally to me. I do it for me, and, honestly, isn't that all that matters?

mfluff said...
This is excellent! I want to know what happens next!!!