The Inquisition, or The Burning of San Francisco | Teen Ink

The Inquisition, or The Burning of San Francisco

November 14, 2011
By MyLoneWolf GOLD, Redmond, Washington
MyLoneWolf GOLD, Redmond, Washington
10 articles 3 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The time has come," The walrus said, "To speak of many things. Of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings. Of why the sea is boiling hot, and of whether pigs have wings."


If there were no racial barriers then they would burn San Francisco to the ground while singing Istanbul was Constantinople. They, of course, meaning the inquisitors. The racial barriers are what keep them employed. Without a job, they’d throw the party of the century, inquisition style. Of course their idea of a good time is burning a city. Are they crazy? Wouldn’t they have to be, to do what they do to the people they catch? They’ve never liked San Francisco because of all the work they have to do there. And as for Istanbul was Constantinople? Well that’s just a good song.


The author's comments:
This is another one from the same class in which I wrote "Death's Clowns." We wrote the beginning of an if/then sentence on a piece of paper then folded it over. We wrote the second half on someone else’s paper. What I got was “If there were no racial barriers then they would burn San Francisco to the ground while singing Istanbul was Constantinople.” I kind of had the Spanish inquisition in mind when I wrote ‘Inquisitors’. I meant it to get a little creepier but Cat Rambo said we only had a minute left to write and the ending ‘Well, that’s just a good song.’ came into my head.