Archie Smith | Teen Ink

Archie Smith

By ral97 BRONZE, Audubon, Iowa
ral97 BRONZE, Audubon, Iowa

I'm the farmers daughter your momma warned you bout.

I was 15 when I met him. Archie was so nice. He was 16 and in my Spanish class, he lived close to me I think, too. On Monday he talked to me. Told me how great I looked today. With butterflies in my stomach I said thanks. He walked home with me and asked me if I would wait to walk to school with him. Of course I couldn’t say no. I said sure then ran up the stairs, hugged my mom, kissed my little sister on the head, and went up to my room. This was the best day ever!

Mom got me up around 7:00 everyone was ready by 7:30. I would have to say I looked really good today. Archie rang the doorbell, and I was at the door before you could say cheese. We walked to school talking about everything. We talked about his family; how his mom got a job that made them move here and where he wanted to work when he was older. I just listened; I liked the sound of his voice.

We got to the high school, and Archie had to get to his first class that started early. He said bye then winked at me. My heart skipped a beat. In English, my teacher is teaching us about Romeo and Juliet. Then Spanish, my new favorite class, was second period. Archie smiled as he walked into the room. He sat by me and slipped a note in my book. I took a peek at it. “Would you be my girlfriend?”

“Heck yes!” I said as I stood up. Once I realized what I did I sat back down and my face got as red as a tomato. Archie had the biggest smile on his face.

We walked home together. Archie held my hand all the way home. When I got to the sidewalk leading up to my house I asked him if he wanted to hang out. Archie said he had homework but could stay for a little bit. We went inside and my little sister had the biggest eyes ever.

“Boy,” she said then toddled off into the other room with a grin on her face.

Archie and I hung out for longer than he had planned, but we were okay with that. It was around 8:00 when he was getting read to leave. I let him use my pink flashlight to get home safely. He kissed me goodbye and left.

My sister came crawling into the living room, and a tiny voice asked, “Is he the one?”
“I don’t know Cassie… I don’t know.”