Radiance | Teen Ink

Radiance

By Natasha001 SILVER, Montecello, Illinois
Natasha001 SILVER, Montecello, Illinois

Radiance by Alyson Noel is a mind boggling fantasy that is also a major page turner. This short easy story is about a girl named Riley and her entire family, all but her sister Ever, and there death. Even Riley’s faithful yellow lab Buttercup dies. They had died in a car accident. Everything is fine until Riley goes and faces the Council with Bodhi. When she goes to the Council she is there to find out what she will be destined to be, and were Bodhi falls into that. Riley is destined to be a Soul catcher. What a soul catcher dose is go to the earth plane, earth, And tricks the angry bitter sour souls into going to the bridge in Summerland. Summerland is the between world of the earth plane and the Here&Now. Here&Now is the heaven. I like this book because it is a fantasy and I love to read them because everything is prefect in my opinion. I love how Alyson chose these names. The names are a little odd but they are pretty. Another reason is because Alyson put a little action in it. Like when Riley had to fight the Radiant boy, who is really three boys, and how she is faced with her inner fears. This short funny, cute, and adventuress story will continue in Shimmer. I recommend these two books to people who love fantasies and who are in fifth grade and up.