The Moon Is Calling | Teen Ink

The Moon Is Calling

October 21, 2011
By ILoveTurtles PLATINUM, Redding, California
ILoveTurtles PLATINUM, Redding, California
31 articles 0 photos 2 comments

The trees rustle in an ominous screech. An owl hoots and goose bumps are raised on my arms. I hear a strange whisper like voice calling my name in the soft but quick breeze. Nothing will stop me from finding the heavenly voice. My surroundings hum in time with my hesitant footsteps. I hear a faint growl alert me that I was being followed, whether by human or animal was still creepy. As I near the local graveyard I hear a moan. I saw a very attractive boy lying on a bench. I screamed and he jumped to explain. “I ………uh……… Why are you here?” He questioned me about why I had been out in a graveyard at eleven at night. “I heard a voice calling my name.” He looked at me like he knew something about it. After the interrogation I finally got the chance to ask what he was doing here. He said he was waiting for a girl to meet him. I said I would leave him to his activities. Instead he asked me to stay. “Who is the girl you are waiting for? I wonder if I know her.” He looked at me as though I was insane. His reply bewildered me. “I asked our dear moon to call you to me.” He stared at me waiting for me to reply. There were no words for what I was feeling. I couldn’t even speak. All I could do was stutter. After a few moments I fainted. My dream as short as it was, was unbelievable. I was woken up unexpectedly. My head was in excruciating pain. Was he screwing with me in my head now? The only way to find out is to ask the moon.