The secret life of Anita Franklin AKA Fire Chick | Teen Ink

The secret life of Anita Franklin AKA Fire Chick

October 14, 2011
By FutureWriter101 PLATINUM, Gabarone, Other
FutureWriter101 PLATINUM, Gabarone, Other
49 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Happiness can be found even in the most darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the lights


So everyone who knows me thinks that I’m just an ordinary teenaged girl, from America who goes to school, comes home, does her homework, hangs out with her friends every once in a while and lives life….normally. However there’s another part of my life that I’ve had to keep hidden from pretty much everyone that I know and love. The thing is, I’m not all that normal. Throughout most of the day I’m Anita Franklin but when ever there is trouble afoot I turn into FIRE CHICK.

It all started about 3 years ago. It was Monday night and my mother had told me to put the cat out and at that moment I noticed something shimmering brightly in the sky. It wasn’t a star or anything like that. It was small round and red and it looked as though it was falling.

I watched it fall further down towards me and I just managed to get out of the way before it hit the ground. I then came out of my hiding place, wanting to investigate further on this strange object, from the sky. As I looked at it I realized that it was an asteroid but it wasn’t the typical type of asteroid that you would usually see on TV, books or the internet, NO. This asteroid was different. As I looked closer I noticed that it had small green spots all over it but most of it was blood red.

I was a curious little kid back then, so I ended up touching it to see what would happen if I did. Then at that moment there was a bright, blinding silver flash of light and I found myself waking up on the floor seconds later. At first I thought everything was alright, so I brushed it off assuming it was nothing and all that drama had just been for show. Unfortunately, later that night I experienced something rather odd when I woke up to get a glass of water from the kitchen.

As soon as a started to take a huge gulp from my glass and the water went down my throat, my stomach suddenly started to feel hot and burning inside so I stopped. Then soon after that a part of my skin looked as though it was turning into cement. Luckily it stopped after some time but I was still intrigued to find out more about my condition, so off to the internet I went.

Then to my surprise I soon found out the reasoning to my unnatural illness. The asteroid I had touched earlier had given me a gift. Superpowers if you will. This gift was the ability to produce fire from my body. Not only did I now possess that special power, I was also given the gift of super strength, agility, and invisibility. My life hasn’t been the same since. I’m 16 years old now and of-Corse people have shown their appreciation for what I’ve done for them for the past 3 years. New York City used to be a hell hold before I stepped in and I’m proud to say that till this day my home has been safe from a lot of evil that has spread across the world lately. Although I still fear that someone out there may soon discover my secret and try to destroy me but I try to remain as brave as I can possibly be because if I don’t help look after my own home then….who will?