Cars As Legs | Teen Ink

Cars As Legs

October 5, 2011
By JacobKeith BRONZE, Tifton, Georgia
JacobKeith BRONZE, Tifton, Georgia
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

After a long day of running she discovered that her legs had grown a car. At first she was so happy that she could zip around everywhere at any time she wanted as fast as she wanted.
Then as time went by and she still had her legs as cars she began to realize that it was a punishment for something she did. She began to think about all the things she did to deserve this, but she just could not think of anything, she was a goody goody, she never did anything bad. She remembered when she was little and she didn’t know any better she stuck a piece of gum in another girl’s hair, but she did not deserve this because of something simple as that. She tried to hide it but there is no way she could. She tried to think positive, and then she remembered that a running competition was coming up and her positive thinking just went down the drain.

She went on Google and searched, “Lamborghini growing out of both legs” and tried to find something on the internet to try to help her, She realize how stupid that was of her to search something like that. She just gave up and went to the couch. She fell asleep.
She awoke ten minutes later to the sound of glass breaking and whispers. She tried to creep quietly toward the source of the sound but it was hard to with cars for legs. She raced into the kitchen and found glass laying on the floor and a shadow trying to hide. He tried to out run her but she was fast, super-fast because of her new legs. She kicked him in the face and he fell down hard with a thud. He was trying to rob her, but she did not let that happen. 10 minutes later the cops pulled into her house and took the guy away, they told her that they have been looking for the guy for a very long time and that she has saved the day. The cops asked for her to take a money reward, but she denied, she asked them if they would take her to the best doctor in the world, they said yes and traveled there the same day. The doctor examined her legs and he told her “I’m sorry to say, but there is nothing I can do”. She was devastated she cried herself to sleep that night.

The competition was today, and she was worrying. She thought and thought and then she came up with an idea.
She entered the parking lot for the running competition and went out to the track. As she got there the judge shot the gun and the runners took off, her plan was coming alive. She took off around the track and she was climbing in numbers. She is in 3rd place and she was gaining on the person in 2nd place. She zoomed around the girl that was in 2nd place and she picked up speed, this was going to be a piece of cake to her. She won the race! She was so excited. She started hearing people screaming, CHEATER, CHEATER and the referee came out and told her she was disqualified, she told him it was not in the rule book, he took out the rule book and read. He looked up and said “your right. And you win”. She was so excited; she raced home and called her mom and everyone else. As the day came to an end she climbed into bed and went to sleep. “WAKE UP, WAKE UP”. She awoke and looked down at her legs, they were normal. She then realized, it was all just a dream.