Max's Story | Teen Ink

Max's Story

By Samuel07 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Samuel07 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

Matthew 19:26 "with God all things are possible"

My name is Max and this is my story. I have seen something I wasn't suppose to see. I am just an average, but very smart 17 year old kid. I work at a science laboratory where I am an assistant for Mike. He is second in charge at the labs. I am hoping to become the head scientist when I get older. Since I live in Chicago, I had to buy my own car because I did not want my parents driving me around. That would be embarrising and I did not want to take cabs everywhere I went.

August 29, 2011 was when it all happened. It started when school was over and I went to my Job at the lab. When I got to my job, I noticed a strange van and what looked like four government men getting out of it. I saw Robert, the head scientist, sign a contract and then shake hands with all four of the men. He looked surprisingly happy. He usually is mad and takes it out on everyone around him. Today, I noticed he didn't have his usual coffee either. When I walked toward the bathroom, the one by the last lab room, I noticed that the room was locked and had caution tape on the door.

As the day went on, I kept asking myself, "What is in there?" and "Why is it cautioned off like that?". At the end of the day, I had my chance to find out. Robert had to leave early to go to a meeting, so he gave me the keys. As soon as he gave me the keys to lock up, I wondered if the key to the locked lab was part of them. I waited a couples of hours to make sure nobody else was there. When I thought I was alone, I decided to go in the locked lab. The right key was there. When I unlocked the door and began to walk in, I saw a lab table with a white blanket laid over something. Along with it was a strong, horrible, and disgusting smell. When I took a deep whiff to see what it was, my stomach curled and I thought I was going to puke. My eyes were watering from the stinch. As I began to approach the table I started to get chills. I slowly took of the blanket. The odor grew much stronger the more I took it off. My heart raced when I saw it. It was a creature that looked human but it wasn't. I didn't know what it was so I jumped back in fright and fell into the wall behind me. I felt as if I was falling into a never ending black whole. As I began to catch my breath, I stood up and walked as fast as I could out of the lab.

When I got out of the the room, I quickly ran for the exit door of the laboratory. When I got outside, I jumped into my car and drove home as fast as I could to tell my parents. When I got there, I ran inside and yelled for my mom and dad. They came hurrying making sure that everything was alright. Then I bursted out, "When I was at my job I broke into a locked lab room and there was an alien looking creature on the lab table". As soon as I finished telling them, they bursted out in laughter.

I was so angry that I ran outside. I got into my car and drove off. I could here them yelling from a distance asking me to come back but I rolled up the window and kept driving. I was probably away from home for at least an hour before I starting thinking about what happened. I thought about how they probably thought I was just crazy. Maybe I over reacted, so I decided to drive home.
When I got there I saw the creature from the lab locking my parents into a closet. I sneaked around the house looking through windows trying to get a better look at this alien. He saw me looking right at him. I ducked down as fast as I could and then I heard footsteps going to the backyard. I watched from the corner of the house to make sure he didn't come around to get me. Then I saw a sudden beam of light and the alien vanished into space.

I thought to myself, "He must of followed my scent or something back here". Although I now realized that I had left the doors unlocked at the laboratory, that was the least of my worries. When I walked inside and let my parents out of the closet. They quickly said, "Sorry" and they began thanking me. Although things seem to be back to normal, I can't help but wonder...will the aliens someday return? I guess I will have to just live the rest of my life looking over my shoulder and sleeping with one eye open.