Co'orethas (Chapter 1) | Teen Ink

Co'orethas (Chapter 1)

By Hailezzluvturtles BRONZE, Spring Valley, New York
Hailezzluvturtles BRONZE, Spring Valley, New York

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover.

Aliis glared at her. Dasseritha just looked out the ornate carriage window, with her arms crossed around her large bust. Scenery flew by, lots of green blur. She smelled faintly of sweat and had a large bruise across her cheekbone. Her attendant sat across from her, clearly upset about the day's events.

"Dasseritha," Aliis said, trying to be stern, "You promised me you would not go play that demeaning Game again! Now your mother is raging at me."

Dasseritha snorted and rolled her eyes. Her mother would move on; she always did.

Aliis sighed. "Dasseritha, this is serious," The attendant put a hand up to her forehead. "Marakin waited for you for hours today. Your father was so embarrassed when you didn't show."

Dasseritha smiled. "Good," she said, still looking out the window. "Marakin makes me sick. He changed ever since he inherited that Mine. He's always so serious and always talking nonsense about women acting the way they should. His smile does not meet his eyes, and he is nowhere as charming as everybody says. I think the only thing he's ever done good is speak out against the emperor, even if it is foolish. And speaking of that da** Emperor T'hall, How can I be loyal to a man who lounges about and throws feasts while the poor starve? He doesn't even come to his own celebrations; he's so odd. I hope him and Marakin fall into a deep dark pit." She finished bitterly.

Aliis was quiet. She knew when Dasseritha had enough. Dasseritha smiled; she always won. With Aliis, with her father, in The Game as well. Today happened to have been an extraordinary good win, too. She'd freed all the ragiths on her team, and grabbed the burning flint in record time. She was the team's secret weapon, as Markiss, her team leader, had said. Every opponent laughed at her. A maiden? Playing The Game? They had overlooked her quarterstaff and lack of steel vest, marking her of the second rank. Until she had knocked them out, of course.

The carriage stopped in front of the Rashes Residence, her home. Her footman helped her down, Aliis modestly following behind her. The front entrance flew open; Lady Rashes, her mother, was fuming on the top step.

"Looks bad," Dasseritha laughed to Aliis.

Aliis did not smile, she just shook her head.

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover.

Sorry about the &quot thing idk what happened!! just keep i nmind those are meant to be quotes :)