My Cousin The Rubus | Teen Ink

My Cousin The Rubus

September 2, 2011
By angelblckt SILVER, Port St Lucie, Florida
angelblckt SILVER, Port St Lucie, Florida
6 articles 4 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
anything worth doing, is worth doing right!


LITTLE, ANNOYING, BOOGER PICKING, BUTT SNIFFING, MONSTERS. . . . I . . . I . . . . I mean children. Left at my house over a week ago to drive me insane. I have reached my boiling point. A wiener, a red head, a copycat, and the worst . . . Derin. He is a 6 year old brat. My cousin. A bossy boy, a bad boy. A true monster. At night when the world sleeps he turns into a small blue blob, but every time he eats, he grows and changes color. I read a book once about that kind of . . . thing. It's called a Rubus. But it says that if he eats a family member, he can turn into a monster when he get's mad. I never believed this tail until one night I got up to get a drink when I saw a glowing trail of blue slime leading out the door, so I followed it.


The trail led me down winding roads and small paths in the woods till I came to a small lake that shimmered silver and gold in the moonlight. There he was, down by the water, eating what looked to be a small child. I screamed and he saw me. Finishing the last of his meal he grew, and grew. He grew to two times my size. A true killer. He stood their and his eyes met mine. I knew than who it was, and who it ate. I soon passed out in pure terror.


The next morning I woke in my bed, I ran in the room. I checked four beds that morning, only three were filled. One my eight year old brothers', one my six year old cousins', and one my four year old brothers. The empty bed, was Erica's, my three year old cousin. The cops contacted and searching, I make the four beds when I noticed something very peculiar. Derin's bed was wet with a very thin coating of glowing blue slime. I knew no one would believe me though. I cleaned it up and sat in my room. Suddenly I heard a scream. I raced out the door to the living room. Their, in the middle of the room stood a 12ft tall pink blob. I studied it carefully. A small shape was balled up in it's stomach. It was Erica!


Suddenly the monster started to shrink and shrink. Shifting it's shape until only Derin was left, shaking. The screaming died away. I raced over to him, who flinched away. I walked him to the bathroom to get washed and changed. Afterward, we all wanted an explanation. Telling a story that seemed to take hours, Derin told what happened. It, was horrifying!!!!!!!!


sleeping ruffly on what had occurred and what to do about it sent dreams to my head. Walls painted black with a white carpet beneath. The roof invisible to the naked eye, making the moon shine like a silver quartz. Suddenly, goo came oozing like blood out of the walls. Running I saw a door. I burst through it gasping for breath. I was standing at the beginning of a dark hall. I took a step forward to find the floor glowing.


Following it to the end it continued to lead me up a spiral staircase. At the top was a stage. Once I was in front of the stage a spotlight flashed on making me jump and fall to the floor screaming at the top of my lungs. A cry emerged from above me, erupting like an explosion sinking down into my sol, seeking the knowledge to discover the source. Standing up I peered onto the stage. There, in a chair chained up sat Erica, eyes wide and crying with fear. I jumped on the stage as all the lights flickered off, and I once again arrived into the waking world.


I told only one person of my dream, Jerry. He sat and talked to me for hours until his genius side began to shine. An idea exploded from his mouth. “why don't you try and save her if you really believe Erica is still alive?” Jumping out of my seat I ran to find Derin. In my mind I was running through how I would do it.


The plan was set, everyone knew what was going to take place. First, I had to make Derin mad. “BABY,” I called. “BABY, BABY, BABY.” Teasing him was the first step. Breathing hard, Derin began to change. I felt fear flash through my body in a tingling sensation from head to toe. I squeezed my eyes shut until a blue wave of goo engulfed me.


Time seemed to stand still as I opened my eyes. Energy seemed to leek out of me. Flowing like an uncontrollable river leading to a waterfall out of my body.




I walked down a corridor, oddly familiar. Black walls, a glowing white floor, and a moon shining brightly above my head. As I continued to walk a goo leaked through the walls thick, and covered in a terrible odor, making me queezy. I ran, to a door and burst through it into darkness. Finally, I realized I was reliving my dream, but it was real this time. Like in my dream, the floor glowed in my first step. I continued down the hall to the stage. Reaching the stage I expected a scream, but I heard nothing. The light flashed on still, and there was Erica, in the chair, passed out cold. I quickly grabbed her and began following the trail back. After a few steps I froze in fear.


I exploded into a terrible run. The walls were closing in on me. I ran as fast as I could, but my energy drained out of me. My pace began to slow until it seems I was walking. It continued to slow until I collapsed to the floor and passed out. Erica beside me moving around.


I woke up in a bright room, my family surrounded me. Panic struck me. Where was Erica? Searching the room and about to get up when a lump in my lap moved. I looked down and there she was, asleep in my arms. I did it, Erica was safe. I saved her.