Stuck, Imprisoned, Trapped... Whichever Works

The world is so bright. The lights are all on, illuminating everything. Bathing shadow in light. Even our moods are always bright. Shadows and dark thoughts are illegal here. There’s a weekly inspection to make sure these things stay away. This isn’t how it’s always been, though. You see, it was shadows and dark thoughts that killed 3/4of the world’s population back in 2012. Now it’s 3012. Anyhow, that’s why we have to have light. It saved the ones of us that are left. And in case you didn’t know this, darkness spreads.
So that’s why I’m on the inspection crew. At the moment, I’m going to house 613 Bright Way. I walk up the front porch steps, and knock.
“Who is it?” Asks a voice from inside.
“Officer Sun, here for inspection.”
“You can’t come in!” The voice cries out.
“Sure I can, you have a door,” I say. When there’s no reply, I kick it down. I gasp at what I see. Darkness. No light, except for what’s seeping in from the street lamps. I slowly start backing out, when I hear someone in another room. I pull out my light stick and creep into the room. I see the vague outline of a woman huddled in the corner. She’s muttering something. A darkness spell. I advance toward her, but it’s too late. All of the outside lights switch off. Every light in the city gone. And I’m stuck with the person that made it happen. This sucks. Dang it, that was a dark thought, too.

JenJenJ-Wow said...
aw, thanks :D

CNDragun said...
Haha, that's an interesting futuristic fic... I like it so far. :)