Shape Shifter

CHAPTER ONE

“I hate you mom!” I scream and slam my door. She doesn’t understand me. She wants me to grow up and create the first flying car, or something and got to Yale. I don’t want to do that. I want to be average, and I am.
My name is Riley Heart. I’m going to be thirteen tomorrow, and I want a huge party but my mom says I need to study for the start of school… which is in 3 months. Its summer for Pete’s sake! Its 11:30 p.m. And I have decided I’m going to ask my dad if I can have a party at his house.
I stand in front of the mirror and stare at myself. Beautiful, long, blonde hair. Striking grey eyes. I’m a perfect vision of perfect, perfectness. Its only 15 minutes to midnight and my birthday. 15 minutes until I’m a teenager. Only 15 minutes to the party I’ll never have.
I look into the mirror one more time and admire my Louis Vitton outfit. My Coach flats that I always wear in the house after I take a shower from cheer practice. I want for a more comfortable saddle for my horse. I want for no sisters. I want for… a birthday party.
I scream at the top of my lungs and throw my study book at my mirror. It hits at incredible force like I have never had before, it breaks and falls to the ground in front of me.
I suddenly seem shorter. My senses have risen. I can smell thing on the other side of my room, I can hear my mom humming in the kitchen in the East wing of our Orange County mansion, and I hear our big father clock ring midnight.
I take a step forward, and that’s when I notice… I’m a tiger. I’m 13.

writer015 said...
This is really cool. Have you written more for this one? That would such a fun book to read.
The only thing for me would be to give more background on why she is so angry and upset, like maybe this was the last straw, or her mom is super controlling or something. And other then a few grammer mistakes, which I have ALL the time, I think its really good!
Keep writing! :)

Tiff_luvstigers replied...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:29 am
Thanks i will! I was thinking about it in bed and had to get on and post it!