The Change

It all happened May 19 of 2019. It seemed like an ordinary day. I woke up around nine. Brushed my teeth and got dressed. I headed for the kitchen and had breakfast with my sister and my mother. Nobody said anything it was just an ordinary, quiet day. It was a Saturday so I just headed into town to go do some research at the library. It seemed like I had only been there for 1 hour but instead it had been 6 hours. It was three o'clock and yet it was pitch dark outside and very cold. I went running home for I knew something was definitely wrong. I went in to find my mother and sister crying and hugging each other. That's when the news came. The world would end today. My mother said that the sun had just turned off and it wouldn't be working ever again. I was shocked. I mean everybody knows that without sun we are basically dead. Everybody made calls to friends and families and all we could do was wait in silence and use the time we had together. I never thought my life would end like this but i guess happy endings don't always occurred to those who deserve them. So as the next day came not a soul was alive. And that my friends is how the world ended.

HaleyStar said...
Wow. That made such a statement. Kudos for you. It reminded me of Robert Frost's poem, the Fire and Ice one.

hebls replied...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 7:28 am
haha thanks thats good right??

HaleyStar replied...
Yeah, Robert Frost was amazing. He's one of my favorite poets.

hebls replied...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 2:46 am
well thx i will read one of his poems