Zane Taylor | Teen Ink

Zane Taylor

By BreakingInside BRONZE, Pinson, Alabama
BreakingInside BRONZE, Pinson, Alabama

We sat in the muggy Alabama weather. I checked my watch one last time. 12:00 A.M. "Do we have to sit out here?" Angelica asked her long black hair blowing in the wind behind her. "Z told me to wait out here for him so thats what we are doing." I said a little annoyed. "How much longer?" Maze and Daze asked in unison. As usual. There twins. Identical. "Hey." Z said as he walked out of the woods. His blue-black hair covering his emerald eyes. "Hey." I said standing. He towered another foot over me. Angelica,Maze and Daze all stood behind me. "How are you on this fine summer night miss Acena?" He said in his best spanish accent. I never got why he did that im not even spanish. "I am good. Its hot but im good." I said staring into his eyes. Well I couldnt see them so im not sure what I was staring at. To admit I had liked Z for some time now. His full name was Zane Taylor. I always liked it. "You ready?" He asked staring strait in my eyes. Yes. I didnt even bother speeking out loud. Z and I had a telepathic connection. Weird and crazy but oh well its good when were around my parets. Z had been an orphan since he was 4. His parents died in a fire. Crazy scientist expirement gone wrong. We were all different. I become invisible. Z reads minds.Angelica shape shifts. Maze can duplicate. Daze can control animals or talk if she gets bored. Acena? Z's voice came into my head. Sorry lost in thought lets go. I replyed. Okay. Come on. His voice echoed through my head as I disapeared into the air. Soon we were near Kade's house. I came back into view. "Lets go inside. I need to tell her something." I disapered again and floated up to her window towing the 4 of them behind me. I could make other people invisible. It took alot of practice. Eventually I could make up to 20 people invisible. It was hard. "Kade?" I said knocking on the window. She jumped but smiled when she reckonized my voice. She opened the window and let us in. "What you here so late for?" she asked her blonde hair in a bun on the top of her head. "Im leaving." I said slowly letting the words sit in my mouth.. "Wait what?" she said with a puzzled look on her face. "Im leaving. Forever." "Why?" "I have to leave. People are after me well us." "Because of your powers." "Yes." "Can I come with yall?" "Its to dangerous." "I dont care." "Fine. But you will have to leave everything except for a few pair of clothes stuff like tht." "Okay. I understand." she walked out of the room. She came back stuff packed. "Im ready." you could tell it was hard for her to leave. I didnt want to force her to stay. It was her choice. I may not agree but I will not be pleased with everything in my life. "Come on." I said taking everybodys hand but I was soon interupted with a loud bang. Bullets shot past my ear. "Get down!" Z yelled. We all ducked down uder the window sill. Glass shattered above us. What are we going to do? I sent a telepathic message to Z. Im not sure. You go down there with all of us. He replyed. You know I cant stay invisible for long! how are we going to make it away? I dont even know where they are! What if its a sniper he or she could be anywhere! I replyed a little to harshly. "Ahhhhhhhhh!" everyone screamed around us. I will become invisible. We all disapeared into the darkness of the night. We landed on top of the shooter without knowing it. I round housed kicked the person in the gut. "Owwwww!" she yelled out. The sniper had been a girl. I ripped the mask off. "Oh my gosh!" I backed away. "Hello sister." she said with a wicked smile. It was my younger sister Ace. She had disapeared when I was 13. She was 10. Now almost 3 years later she shows up trying to kill me. "I thought you were dead. We had a funereal and everything." "You didnt look close enough.." "What do you mean?" I asked confused. She looked so different. Her used to be blonde hair had now turned a light red. "I was there makeup high heels a big black hat to cover part of my face. New kind of outfit. You even shook my hand. You had no idea." Now that I think back on that day I had seen my little sister at her own funeral. "Your such a wicked little girl!" I screamed. Z had to hold me back from not punching her face in. "I learned from the best." she replyed another wicked grin crossing her face. She placed her hand on her hip tossing her long hair behind her shoulder and gave me a smile so wicked she looked wich like. "You dont know who your messing with anymore dear older sister. I know your secret you never shared with me. You can become invisible. Well I got some news for you I got a little secret too. I had a power to." I gasped. Could this night get anymore strange? "I fly." with that she flew into the air. She didnt relize though that when I became invisible I float with the air currents. I became invisible. Z tried to grab my arm but I slipped through his fingers. I floated about 500 feet up. "Why would you do this to me?" I asked her. "I was protecting you I knew about the bad guys if you want before I even disapeared." 'How?" "I got connections. Say hello to Richard. He can become invisible just as you can." Out of no where appeared a guy. He looked my age. His deep brown eyes stared into mine. His dark brown hair shined in the moonlight. "Hello." He said. Could he see me? After all I was still invisible. I guess he could see my eyes shining? I dont know. "Hi." I replyed "I guess your my sisters connection inside." "Why yes I am." he said with a chuckle. I couldnt resist his eyes it was like I was sinking in. I slowly became visible. With that I plumeted to the earth. "Ahhhhh!" I screamed thinking those were my last breathes. I landed into someones arms. I slowly opened my eyes. Richard was holding me. "H-h-how did you get down so fast?" I stuttered. "Ace forgot to mention I can fly too." Was there anymore suprises tonight? I had accidently sent a telepathic connection to Z. I hope not. But whats up with that Richard guy? Im not to sure about him. He immediatly shot back into my mind. Your not sure about anything theese days. If he is a friend of my sister he is good. I replyed. Dont forget she disapeared for 3 years then just a few minutes ago she tried to kil you. "I know your talking telepathically. I can tell by the connsentration on your face." Richard said kind of annoyed. "Oh. Sorry. Z,Angelica,Maze,Daze! Come over here. Oh, can you put me down?" "Oh. Yeah. Sorry." Richard said as he placed me on my feet. "Hi." Z said to Ricard in a stern voice. You dont have to act that way. I told Z. Giving him a harsh look. "Hi. Im Maze." Maze said as she stepped forword from the behind Z. "Hi." He said. "So how old are you?" Maze said batting her eyelashes. "Ummmmmmm" Richard said a little creeped out "16" "Us too! Well other than Ace." She said with excitment. "Your 16?!" Z and I said in unison. "Yes." "Ace mentioned you were her connection into the bad guys?" I asked. "Yeah. I am." "Why are they after us?" "Like you told Kade your powers." "Then they must be after you too. You got powers." "They dont know that. All they know is my name age and hometown. There orgaization is called Foreign." "Why is that?" Z butted in. "They think all of us are from some foreign planet. One scientists havent discovered. So if they capture us all they can torture us enough to get us to say where we are orginally from. They already have a space ship built." "But were from planet earth!" Daze yelled pushing Z out of the way. "I am sick and tired of all this running! We just run and run. If they capture me fine." Ace floated down beside me as she said "Cant yall all just stop your whineing?" "Wait. Be quiet. Listen." All I could here was the wid rustleing leaves. "We have to leave there coming." I quickly grabbed everyone and made them invsible. Another good thing is if I kept conncentration I could let go of everyone. I slowly slipped from there fingers. It worked. Everyone was still invisible even Ace and Richard were. Someones hands wrapped around my waist. "Shhhhhh." it was Z's voice. What is it? I asked him. Were in danger I can pick up there minds. They know were here. He replyed. Panic floaded through me. I knew how to fight and defend myself. Theese guys were probley ready for a fight had trained for this moment. I hadnt. We hadnt. I was terrified. Tell th others were going to get away from this place. I told Z. He sent a telepathic message to everyone. We were soon walking slowly towrds the road. Aparently Richard had a car. The 7 of us piled into his small Ford pick up truck and drove away in silence. Z said they hadnt seen us but soon fiqured out wich way we were going. After all we were the only car on the road at 2:00 A.M. "Where are we going?" Angelica asked. "Back to where I have lived for the last 3 years." Ace replyed with a smile. "Are you sure its safe?" I asked. "Sure. It will be perfectly safe after all they cant see it." "What do you mean? Does it float or is invisible?" I said kind of confused. "Its invisible and floats."
After about an hour of driving we finnaly arrived at Ace and Richards house. "Ummmmm where is it?" Angelica asked. "Like I said invisible and floats." Ace replyed. Soon the house came into view. I guess Richard controled the invisibility and floating. I was tired by then I had found my long lost sister met somebody new and my old fiends were getting on my nerves. "Can I go to sleep?" I asked when we got inside. "Yeah. 1st door on the right. You can have my bed room." Richard said. "No I cant. Where will you sleep?" I replyed. "On the couch." "No. I will sleep on the couch." "No. I will." "Where will we sleep?" Maze and Daze asked. "Yall can have the guest room. Wheres Angelica?" Ace asked. "Oh. She is probley outside. She is a shape shifter."Daze Said. "Oh. Will she sleep out there?" "Probley." Maze said. "Well will I sleep?" Z asked yawning. "There is a couch in my room. You can sleep in there with Acena.." Richard said. "No. I take the couch in the living room. You and Z have your bedroom." It is no hope Acena. Or we will be here all night. Z sent a telepathic message. "Fine me and Z will have your room." I said in defeat. I walked to the bed room. It was cozy. The walls were a deep red. Almost blood like. The sheets were pitch black. The couch was a white leather. I liked the room at the time maybe not much now. "Nice." I said. I jumped into the bed. "Cozy." I said laughing. "What are you laughing about?" Z said as he walked in. "Oh. Nothing." I said. "Yeah. Sure." He said dropping down into the couch. "I cant belive it is really her. My sister." I was interupted by bullets. "Crap they found us." Z said.

Sorry if stuff is mispelled or grammar isnt correct.
This is based on me and my friends and our troubles obviously we dont have powers but theese are the ones my friends wanted. Thanks rate and comment.

BreakingInside BRONZE, Pinson, Alabama
Thanks!!!! Haha!!! Its supose to be a trilogy but I havent gotton around to writing the rest!

Shimmerdina said...
OMG! I can never write anything this good!♣

BreakingInside BRONZE, Pinson, Alabama
I had a good time writing this it may have been at like 3 in the morning but it was fun

BreakingInside BRONZE, Pinson, Alabama
idk y but it did that qout crap and im sorry im frustrated with it though it was supose to show " for dialoge if anyone could tell me how to do that with it end up like that i would apreciate that love u guys!:)