A Barren World

A cold stone palace sat alone in a barren and icy world. Dust permeated every nook and cranny, clothing the remnants of a lost age.

Bright silks had faded. The glass chandeliers lay in ruins upon the floor. Intricately illuminated books cracked and disintegrated. There was nobody to put food on the beautiful porcelain nor fill the goblets with sweet wine.

Only one life remained in this empty place, though I use a loose definition of “life”. He sits upon his grubby throne, shouting to his long deceased servants. A tarnished crown sat atop his filthy head, and the halls echoed with mad laughter.

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
Sept. 17, 2011 at 12:31 am

This is great !

I loved your description and how crazy the man is. It would be great if you continued this!

msp49 said...
Not really into these types of things, but I'd like to hear more. The writing style and possible plot had me thinking, and I actually admire this piece, unfinished or not.

divingforreality said...

I'd love for you to continue.

Is he supposed to be skitzophrenic?

BrightBurningCampeador This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
No just insane.

JoPepper said...
You should definetely expand this!!!!  It was pretty good, I liked the describtion!!!! ;)

OceanFey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You should expand this story when you have time :)

I might do that, though I'm not sure what the plot would be.

redhairCat This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:40 am
Interesting! It definitely makes me think. You could apply that story to many other aspects of life. Great job!

BrightBurningCampeador This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oops, I just realized I messed up the tense of one of my verbs. Oh well.

Silent_Artist replied...
Besides the mistake you pointed out I enjoyed it.