Chapter 2: A typical Day part 2 | Teen Ink

Chapter 2: A typical Day part 2

By Vixie_Chu SILVER, Mesa, Arizona
Vixie_Chu SILVER, Mesa, Arizona

After that we walked down a row of tables until we found our names on the table that was the third to the last. I sat down at the table and she sat across from me.
“What is our job anyways?” I asked while looking down at computer screen that held a single menu of a single food for us to eat. I pressed the order button as I noticed her face go red.
“Birthing, silly!” She spoke with an air of innocence to her voice.
My jaw dropped but I quickly calmed myself. I expected to be a constructive worker or a housing worker not something that has to do with good genes.
“We start today!” She again spoke up. Her voice annoyed me so much. I hated it as much as I hated my own name or the job I was assigned to.
The food that was to go to the men was carried by men and the food that was carried by woman was to go to the woman. I grimaced when they set a plate that was full of a single grey pill and the cup of a red colored liquid. I placed the pill underneath my tongue and took a quick gulp of the odd tasting red liquid. I reluctantly swallowed the pill and drank down the rest of the liquid. I stared into the glass quietly and waited for the voice to tell us to go to our work stations.
The voice came about twenty minutes later. “Report to your work stations immediately!” I stood with a sigh for what was to come.
We walked down the rows of rectangular tables with everyone else. We all walked through the white door in a single file line that broke up into several other lines once it got through the door. The cursed girl and I walked through the door with her going first. We then turned to walk down the birthing hall. We soon found our rooms. She went into the white door that was on the left side of the hallway and I went into the one on the right.
I hesitantly opened the door to see a large machine that had several odd devices on it and within the middle of it was a chair with several straps on it. A man in a white lab coat that had curly and poufy blackish brown hair that seemed like he was recently shocked by something was standing next to the chair.
“Sit, sit.” He instructed me. With a sigh I walked over to the chair and ducked underneath all the machinery that was surrounding the chair. I took a seat in the chair and he followed me. He strapped my legs and my arms down to the chair. He pulled apart the legs of the chair and lifted them so that my legs were up and spread. He unbuttoned my pants and pulled them down along with my underwear to expose my nether regions.

Sorry for the awkward scene here....