In the Beggining | Teen Ink

In the Beggining

By jaysam227 BRONZE, Clearwater, Florida
jaysam227 BRONZE, Clearwater, Florida

I watched the innocent people walk by. Laughing. Smiling. Having a good time…..being mortal. It wasn’t always like this. Hiding. Hunting. The constant urge to kill. I used to have friends. A family. Even a dog or two. But some b****rd stole that away from me. Ripped my life away like it was something he clearly owned. It wasn’t. It was mine. I looked up from the sandy shingles to observe that the sun was almost set. My moment of the past was gone. Feeling the warmth of the sun on my pale skin, being human again for just that moment, meant the world to me. And it was over. My life I decide, was gone, burnt away with my humanity. The sooner I face that, the better. The smell of something sweet drew me off the roof, landing with a perfect crouch on the pavement. I looked around to pin the source of the smell. There was a man, wandering around, staggering back and forth, totally wasted. Perfect. I raced to catch up with my prey. I catapulted into the air, finding myself a nice angle on the man’s back. He squirmed underneath my hold. I closed my eyes as my fangs slid nice and easy into his flesh. Warm liquid filled my mouth as I threw my head back in pure satisfaction. My perfect vision started to fade, I knew what this meant. I was protecting myself from the monster I’ve become, even though, right now, isn’t me at all.