Entity | Teen Ink

Entity

By LauraMay DIAMOND, Argyle, New York
LauraMay DIAMOND, Argyle, New York

Be who you are. Don't be anything less.
Strength isn't just measured by how much pain you can take.

I wake up to a nurse shouting and yelling for me to get up until finally she comes over and grabs me by the arm, pulling me. I look over in time to see my bedside table on fire. Etched in its surface are the words "I'm watching you." Then the table burst into flames, incinerating it to ashes. It sent chills down my spine.

The nurse and I race outside, trying to watch debris and find any stragglers. But no one was here except the flames, licking at the edges, deciding what to swallow next. We are finally outside with a second to spare before the entire hospital was enveloped in flames. I still haven't fully recovered so this little exercise took a toll on me. My vision wavers, as well as my balance, and I plummet into a deep abyss. Call me crazy, but I could have sworn I saw my visitor before I fell...

The room is spinning like one of those spin tops. It's not fun, trust me. I feel the contents of my stomach coming up, except I haven't eaten in days. I have no memory of what happened, why I'm here. Actually, I have no memory of anything. I don't even think I know my name. What is it? Leah? May? Why can't I remember?

"I'm so glad you're awake, Rae," someone said.

Are they talking to me? I look over and my jaw drops. Sitting down in the chair next to me, is one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen. He was tall, about 6', deep chestnut hair, bright hazel eyes that never seemed to be the same color. Broad shoulders that over looked the rest of his body, which was covered in muscle. His hair was tousled, naturally, of course. He wore a muscle shirt and board shorts. he looked magnificent to my eyes, like I haven't seen any beauty in my life.His eyes said I was a child, but his smile invited me in.